Elite Nutrition from the INSANITY workout..

Options
I'm starting Insanity today, and I need to make sure I'm eating well. I planned my intake for today, tomorrow, and a couple meals after today. But I feel like the carbs are way too high or that something isn't right... everything just seems like a lot. What are your suggestions as to improving my Elite Nutrition meals? (also, if you'd like to start Insanity with me today; jump right in!)
Thanks.(:

Replies

• skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    insanity is SOO much work. seriously, your body definitely needs the carbs in order to get through it. dont worry about the carbs because with each workout keep in mind that you will be burning like, 600-1000 calories each, depending on your weight (get a heart rate monitor).

think about your metabolism as a furnace, and those carbs are little logs that you throw in to keep the furnace burning. dont slow down your metabolism by trying to cut back on those healthy carbs!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    insanity is SOO much work. seriously, your body definitely needs the carbs in order to get through it. dont worry about the carbs because with each workout keep in mind that you will be burning like, 600-1000 calories each, depending on your weight (get a heart rate monitor).

think about your metabolism as a furnace, and those carbs are little logs that you throw in to keep the furnace burning. dont slow down your metabolism by trying to cut back on those healthy carbs!

Alright, that's along the lines of what I was thinking.. I'm just not used to this much food/carbs/protein/fiber. haha well I won't be cutting back if this works for me! Thanks :smile:
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i agree you do need the carbs for those workouts but I also wanted to mention that I maybe got a 600 calories burn 1 time and that was during the 2nd month! Follow the plan and tweek every week as you feel needed! Good Luck!
    Cindy
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm starting insanity today and was really worried about the nutrition too. I used their formula to calculate my daily caloric needs and it said I needed 2200 calories. Holy cow there's no way I'm eating that much food so I'm sticking with the MFP recommended calories in my profile and will just gauge how I'm feeling and modify as needed. I did change the MFP goals to match the 40/40/20 carb/protein/fat percentages recommended by Insanity. I know I'm going to have a tough time eating that much protein and cutting back on the carbs. I was at 55% carbs before and 25% protein. I think you just have to try it out and see what works best for your body each week.

Good luck!
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The workouts are so intense you neeeeed the calories to fuel your body!
  • Imtherunner
    Imtherunner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just finished my Insanity workout.....this is definitely Insane but I really enjoyed it..... I too am sticking with the MFP suggested caloric intake.... On average I burn @ least 500 calories doing the Insanity workout.