New Member Losing Weight Again

Options
My name is Jessica and I used to not care a bit about my weight. I never even got on a scale and at the doctor would look away when they moved the little weight thing. So anyhow, one day I did weigh and I was about 260 pounds (I am 5'9"). This was in the spring of 2009, and I was newly married to a man I didn't love but was afraid to leave because I didn't think anyone else would want me.

In June 2009 I joined a site much like this one, and in less than a year lost over 100 lbs. At my lowest weight, I was 155 lbs and a size 6. I also left my husband, deciding that being on my own was better than keeping him from the person he was meant to be with.

I started dating a new man, who I am still in love with today. I maintained at about 160 lbs for almost a year, and then this past semester of college just really messed up. I gained about 40 lbs (really not proud of that). I was really bogged down with classes and research and my boyfriend and I stopped working out and started eating more takeout... and.... yep. Things went downhill from there.

But I have been on here for a week and I'm 7 lbs down. 33 to go! And I plan to stick around for a while and get comfortable with maintenance again after I lose the weight as well.

Always looking for healthy buddies to share recipes and successes with!

Replies

• pharmagirl43
    Options
    Jessicahelene,

That is great! I am also new to the site (about 2 weeks) and I've lost 9lbs so far. I am recently seperated and about to send my son off to college so it's my time to focus on me! Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • ToningtheButt
    Options
    hello and welcome!!