Recipe HELP!!

Options
So its my wedding anniversary on Saturday and we are staying in but I want to cook something really nice but different from what we normally have and not over the top on calories

Anyone tried any new recipes lately that they want to share??

:smile:

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    go to tastespotting.com it will give you some awesome ideas and if you click on the pictures you get the recipe.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I made a great meal the other day but will have to look it up. You can check out my recipe blog: debscooking.blogspot.com
  • hdm426
    hdm426 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a great recipe...prosciutto wrapped stuffed chicken breast...all u need is 2 chicken breast, prosciutto (which u can find in the special meats by the deli) 1/4 c of ricotta cheese made with skim milk, 1 pkg of frozen spinach, 2 Cloves of garlic minced, 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste... first butterfly ur chicken breast and then pound out not to thin, mix all the cheese and frozen spinach and mince garlic in a bowl...fill each chicken breast with the mixture then fold over the chicken breast, then u will wrap the chicken breast with one thin piece of prosciutto and drizzle olive oil and bake at 400 for 25 min. Serve with roasted veggies such as broccoli and zucchini ...drizzle olive oil on top veggies and sprinkle sea salt and pepper and bake for 25 min. It's a low fat and low cal meal but it will deg fill u up...plus loaded on protein and iron...
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Horseradish and Mustard crusted beef tenderloin.
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/horseradish-mustard-crusted-beef-tenderloin-10000000833320/

Yummy. It's worth it to splurge on the best beef tenderloin you can afford (it's your wedding anniversary- splurge). I've made it without the breadcrumbs and it's just as yummy (if you want to save a few more calories). I also make a side sauce to go with it-- mayonaise, mustard, horseradish, salt, and pepper to taste.
    Serve with steamed or sauteed spinach and some form of potatoes.
    And dessert, of course.
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help just need to choose one now ha ha :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com. She has some great recipes with pictures and nutritional data.