Question about BMR

Options
Are we supposed to manually recalculate our BMR every time we lose weight? Mine never changed from when I first started and I have been eating the same amount of calories. I recalculated it with me new current weight and my alloted calories were reduced.

Replies

• titans6us
    Options
    Are we supposed to manually recalculate our BMR every time we lose weight? Mine never changed from when I first started and I have been eating the same amount of calories. I recalculated it with me new current weight and my alloted calories were reduced.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I asked the same thing but you put it much better, lol:) I can't remember the answer I got so I am going to see what happens here. Meanwhile, Im going to go look for the answer I got:) LOL!! airhead in oregon:laugh: :bigsmile: :blushing:

• allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the program isn't perfect so yes.
  • cpsjbu
    Options
    That was what I did. It's changed a little bit for me already.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Heyyyyyy, guess what??? When I entered my new weight this a.m., my BMR changed itself!!! I don't think we need to do anything other than enter our weight in???? It did change my calorie intake but it did it automatically!!

denise in Oregon:)
  • titans6us
    Options
    I know it is not perfect, but it would have been nice to know, especially for people who think they are plateauing and are getting frustrated. I was just beginning to get frustrated. We shall see what happens.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Ooops, no, it didn't change in my food journal. My BMR says 1152 now but my food journal says 1200 so I need to change that.

sorry all, denise:blushing:
  • titans6us
    Options
    I do the check-in every morning and it does not change for me. I just did it again and put 200 in for my weight and the calories did not change.
  • allaboutme
    Options
    that is what the boards are for, to find out what we don't know :smile:
  • allaboutme
    Options
    yes, you have to change the calories manually. Maybe someday everything will connect :smile:
  • titans6us
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the help on this.:flowerforyou: