Scary NSV for me

Options
angiek2322
angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
I just gave away my fat clothes......Why am I so nervous about this????

Replies

• Raebug123
    Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! Tell that scary feeling to bug off cuz your never going back there again!!! Awesome NSV!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    rejoice and be glad! Don't look back... just move forward.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How exciting! and how cute :happy:
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It's like moving - no matter how much cooler your new house will be, you have an emotional bond to your old home. Start decorating your "new home" and you'll feel better. Congratulations!
  • weebowll
    weebowll Posts: 15
    Options
    Now you have no choice but to keep the weight off... Nice Job!
  • MissMandy1010
    MissMandy1010 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hahahaha thats awesome!!! be proud, you have obviously worked hard to achieve this goal!!! change can be scary, but this one is GOOD!! go with it!! :-)
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I did this too...My sister and I were cleaning out our clothes and I threw out my winter clothes because I KNOW I will be a different size by then :)
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's like moving - no matter how much cooler your new house will be, you have an emotional bond to your old home. Start decorating your "new home" and you'll feel better. Congratulations!

I love that metaphor!
    I think you could be subconciously worried "what if I need them after all..." but it's not happening!! [I know I would/will have a fear like that, that's why it came to my mind!]
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    HIP HIP HURRAY!! *thumbs up*
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Don't be. You were kind to your fat clothes. I am going to torch those b^tches when I have reached my goal. It will be a ceremony within itself if not a funeral to say the least.

:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: I kept keeping mine like I was waiting to get back in them so finally purging still have shirts from when I weighed 535 need to get them out!:flowerforyou:
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your amazing success!

Now, take a deep breath and shout to the mountain tops because you won't ever need those fat clothes again. Then, dance for joy.

I know where you're coming from, it's a difficult concept for many of us to wrap our heads around, especially if we've been overweight for a significant length of time. Personally, I'm terrified of maintaining once I get my body to it's optimal condition. While losing the weight is far from easy, I think it's even more difficult to transition to a state of equilibrium. We've worked so hard to watch those numbers go down, both on the scale and in clothing sizes and now it's all about finding that state of being where we embrace ourselves and all of our blood,sweat, and tears.

Getting rid of my "fat" clothes has been very cathartic for me. I no longer have the safety net to fall into should I stumble. But, at the same time, I have the determination to ensure that I will Not fail. Plus, I have some hella cute clothes and my body is in the best shape ever in my entire adult life.

Give yourself a pat on the back and hold your head high. You are an amazing individual and you deserve to be proud of all of your accomplishments. :flowerforyou:

*Edited to fix a couple of spelling errors.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing this. But it is a scary feeling. I always thing "what if". Soon though soon. Good Job!
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    its a big thing first lot of clothes i had to go sat in blacks sacks for a while. a friend even suggested she would take them away but couldnt. I eventually built up the courage and took them to a charity shop . its a very big thing taking away that security of using them again but one of the best things i done xx
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    its a big thing first lot of clothes i had to go sat in blacks sacks for a while. a friend even suggested she would take them away but couldnt. I eventually built up the courage and took them to a charity shop . its a very big thing taking away that security of using them again but one of the best things i done xx
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have given a couple garbage bags away of my "fat" clothes but I still have 3 suitcases left! I can't bare to do it =( So proud of you!
  • angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks all:)

it does feel good!!:flowerforyou:
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time parting with some of my bigger clothes. I am giving them away to friends now. I do not know why it is so hard to part with them. I known I will never be that size again!
  • jett0206
    jett0206 Posts: 58
    Options
    In my case I will have to throw away my fat clothes, its too stretched out to give anyone
  • fionamacf
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: I kept keeping mine like I was waiting to get back in them so finally purging still have shirts from when I weighed 535 need to get them out!:flowerforyou:

You need to keep 1 shirt for the awesome then and now photo and then throw it out. Your success has been tremendous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!