... you might be addicted to MFP.

Options
dougstevens
dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
A twist on Jeff Foxworthy's, "...you might be a redneck"; let's have some fun and come up with a one-liner that indicates a person might be addicted to MFP.

Example:

When someone you know is struggling with weight loss and is frustrated with their plateau.... you respond, 'are you eating your calories back.'..... you might be addicted to MFP.

-or-

When you spend more time on MFP than on FB, .... you might be addicted to MFP.

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I definitely spend more time on here than on Facebook. It's just so nice to commune with people who are all working toward the same thing!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    If immediately after "sexy time" you roll over, grab your smartphone and log it, you might be addicted to MFP.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ...when you have a friend log on for you the 3 days you are going to be camping without phone or internet access so it doesn't mess up the number of consecutive days you have logged in.
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When you get violently angry when you miss a day of logging and it resets your days logged in count...
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    If you talk to people about your "weight loss journey" instead of "diet", you might be addicted to MFP.
  • dougstevens
    Options
    If immediately after "sexy time" you roll over, grab your smartphone and log it, you might be addicted to MFP.

LOL
    Do you use your HRM for that?
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Do you use your HRM for that"....LOL!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    when your phone beeps with MFP updates more than Facebook, you may be addicted.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When you can't go a day without logging your calories.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options

LOL
    Do you use your HRM for that?

That's the first thing I didn when I got my HRM LOL. Didn't burn as much as I thought!
  • heatheramara
    Options
    You can log "sexy time"? Brilliant....I'll get right on that. :-P

If you you send your waiter back to the kitchen to for the third time, this time to ask the chef "what KIND of oil is it cooked in," ...you could be addicted to MFP.
  • dougstevens
    Options
    If you you send your waiter back to the kitchen to for the third time, this time to ask the chef "what KIND of oil is it cooked in," ...you could be addicted to MFP.

Remind me when I did this,

Went to the grocery store, to the deli counter and asked the associate, "Do you have a nutritional chart showing the calories?"...She looked me funny.

-or-

If you do a internet search for your favorite restaurant's nutritional menu.... you might be addicted to MFP.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If you wish you could set up a profile for your slightly overweight dog...
  • mamxo22
    mamxo22 Posts: 84
    Options
    you might be addicted to MFP if.... you make profiles for all of your friends even if they have no idea you made them one!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    you might be addicted to MFP if.... you make profiles for all of your friends even if they have no idea you made them one!!

THAT"S CREEPY.:huh:
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ...when you have a friend log on for you the 3 days you are going to be camping without phone or internet access so it doesn't mess up the number of consecutive days you have logged in.

Now this IS good! I sooooo should have done this last week. I am back on day five and should be on day 80!!
    Anyway, you know when you are addicted to MFP, when you leave the table mid-eat to check how many calories you have left!!
  • whitney22blue
    Options
    you might be addicted to MFP when you start eating food that you can only scan.
  • 4himalone
    Options
    this is a great topic!!!! love it!!!!

You may be addicted to MFP if you HAVE to exercise just to see your calories go up....yeah, you may be just a tad addicted!

or

You might be addicted to MFP if....you relay what your friends are doing ie....'Did you know, dear that so and so is doing soooo good. He /she just burned 593 cals running...I am so happy for them' and hubby replies ,' WHO the hell is so and so?????' Happens all the time......just sayin.....
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You may be addicted to MFP when you may have either left your phone at work OR lost it. Either way you must have MFP and your mobile app-so you go buy a new phone the next day! My husband did this and YES THE PHONE WAS FOUND AT HIS WORK THE SAME DAY! :)
  • 4himalone
    Options

Never thought of that.....thanks!!!!!!! :love: