Hamstring Injury question

Options
Well I have re-injured my hamstring. I am curious to know if there is a way to get the healing process to move along a bit faster. It seems there should be stretches or walking or something that would help it heal faster and better so I don't re-injure it again. This is getting old!

Thank for any info or advise.

Replies

• Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knee really badly and was thinking I'd have to have my ACL replaced with part of my hamstring so an old customer of mine from back home (a physical therapist) told me light leg lifts help to strengthen your whole leg but mainly your hamstring and the muscles surrounding your knee. Building up one or more of your leg muscles helps the rest of them.
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I followed these suggestions: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/hamstring-strain
    The usual: RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation the first time and ended up spraining it again.
    The next time I followed the same thing but I also went to my acupuncturist and three months later I am still good...
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knee really badly and was thinking I'd have to have my ACL replaced with part of my hamstring so an old customer of mine from back home (a physical therapist) told me light leg lifts help to strengthen your whole leg but mainly your hamstring and the muscles surrounding your knee. Building up one or more of your leg muscles helps the rest of them.

That makes sense. I will continue to excercise it a bit and ever so gently. lol
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I followed these suggestions: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/hamstring-strain
    The usual: RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation the first time and ended up spraining it again.
    The next time I followed the same thing but I also went to my acupuncturist and three months later I am still good...

I have been thinking about going to see my chiropractor and he also does accupuncture. I think I will make that appointment. It makes sense that something is not right since I have re-injured it again only after a few months.

I want this healed for good!