hello from cali

Options
I'm new and thought I might try mfp out. I've already lost some weight but I came on here thinking that joining a community might add some fun and motivation to the process.

I'm 5'7" and weigh 176 lbs. I'm 36, married, no kids, and in grad school. I'm not sure how much weight I lost before coming here because I was too afraid to weigh myself for years. Since the beginning of June I have lost weight though because my clothes are looser and I can see the difference. Once this happened I finally felt brave enough to face the scale. :)

I love seeing everyone's goals at the end of their posts, it's great, I need to figure out how to do that. I would like to be 168 by the beginning of school this semester, Sept 1st, and my UGW is 140.

Replies

• colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    oh yanno, I just realized that "colorfulcupcakes" may not have been the best choice of name for a weightloss forum.... I might change my name...
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    welcome :flowerforyou: you came to the right place for the support and motivation.....Good luck on your journey
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome colorfulcupcakes...you've made a GREAT first step (or second step) by joining MFP. There's no better way to gain the encouragement & support we all need to obtain our goals.

Where in Cali are you? I'm currently in Michigan, but moving to SoCal within a couple of months (hopefully!).

Good luck & much success to you!!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a good start already. Keep up the good work. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    oh yanno, I just realized that "colorfulcupcakes" may not have been the best choice of name for a weightloss forum.... I might change my name...

Don't worry about the name change. MY filthy mind ran off with it... Good luck!!
  • CCapehart85
    Options
    I really like colorfulcupcakes!
  • colorfulcupcakes
    Options
    BlueEyedTravelor: Long Beach!
  • colorfulcupcakes
    Options
    I really like colorfulcupcakes!

Thanks! haha!