Only 1 LB lost this week

Options
2»

Replies

• Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know that some weeks, my weight loss will be slower than others, but 1 LB is so disappointing after doing everything I was supposed to the whole week! I know it takes time, but at a 1 LB rate, it is discouraging to think how long it will take to get to my goal. If only, the pounds flew off like on TV!

Welcome to the "Only lost 1lb this week" club! I'm right there with ya! I only lost 1 lb last week as well. I know exactly how disappointed you feel! I just started the C25K program. I'm up to Week 2 Day 2 and I'm wondering if that has something to do w/ it. I may go back to walking again.

I also wonder if it has something to do w/ the Dominos I ate last week........ and I did go way over my calories one day. At least I lost the one pound.

I need to lose another 15 by Sept 24th. I'm going upstate for the weekend and want to look way better than I do now!

I"m wondering if I hit my plateau.
  • Rainbow011
    Rainbow011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know that some weeks, my weight loss will be slower than others, but 1 LB is so disappointing after doing everything I was supposed to the whole week! I know it takes time, but at a 1 LB rate, it is discouraging to think how long it will take to get to my goal. If only, the pounds flew off like on TV!

I totally understand.....I only lost 1.6lbs last week as well. I was gutted. I wanted at lose at least 2lbs. I have another 17lbs to lose, at 1lb a week that'll take a very long time.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Actually, I would LOVE to trade places with you.....I would be doing a happy dance right now if I'd managed to lose 1 WHOLE POUND last week. Go look at a pound of butter - you LOST THAT MUCH in just 1 week. I happen to be on a plateau that has lasted for 6 weeks now. Six whole weeks of not losing a single ounce....never mind a WHOLE POUND!! See, it's just a matter of perspective! I can't wait until I can announce to my MFP pals that I have finally lost something....anything....in a weeks time. The day will come.....some day! :bigsmile:

As others have said....slow and steady is the way to go. You may find this thread of interest. You are NOT alone!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303631-turbo-ninja-turtles-group-for-slow-winners
  • Richard170
    Options
    1lb a week is normal to be honest. At most you should be losing 2lb's per week. No more than that. If you go too fast it will be because you are eating a huge calorie deficit, and you will not only plateau in your weigh loss program but you will put the weight back on fast.

Try to eat a 20-40% calorie deficit under your maintenance.

This is simply not true. If a person continues to east a huge calorie deficit they will never hit a plateau, nor will the ever put weight back on. Instead, they will eventually die.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is normal to be honest. At most you should be losing 2lb's per week. No more than that. If you go too fast it will be because you are eating a huge calorie deficit, and you will not only plateau in your weigh loss program but you will put the weight back on fast.

Try to eat a 20-40% calorie deficit under your maintenance.

This is simply not true. If a person continues to east a huge calorie deficit they will never hit a plateau, nor will the ever put weight back on. Instead, they will eventually die.

LOL. This isn't even worthy of a response.