Totally fustrated!

So i know this isnt the first time this has been stated, but i just have to rant! lol I have been on here faithfully since Feb and keep losing and gaining the same 10lbs! I work out just about everyday. Right now i am doing the Chalean Extreme and love it! I do know that my diet is not the best, and i totally admit it. The thing is i dont know how to change it, i know that sounds silly but i really just dont have the will power to get on track with my food. I have good days but most of the time it horriable! How do i find that motivation on my food, and ideas? HELP!

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Well what works for me is to think of food as fuel and not pleasure ( I have occasional treats but no more than 1 or 2 a week) I know it may sound silly but once I got into my head that I'm fueling my body it makes all that healthy stuff taste so much better lol Good luck!
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Well what works for me is to think of food as fuel and not pleasure ( I have occasional treats but no more than 1 or 2 a week) I know it may sound silly but once I got into my head that I'm fueling my body it makes all that healthy stuff taste so much better lol Good luck!

I never really agreed with that in the past, because I loveeeeeeeeeee food, but you know what? This is exactly what has ended up working for me. I still love food, but I find this made me love it even more, because only treating myself once to twice a week, makes me appreciate it that much more. It also made me realize how infrequently I actually need it. You'll also get used to eating healthier and over time you'll begin to like new things.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    going from regular soda to diet. was a massive change in weight.
    changing my lifestyle to working out all the time, not so much.

The fear of death motivates me pretty well. I have a family history of heart attacks.

Your have no will power because you don't really want to loose it. I was never able to quit smoking, or loose weight because I never truly wanted to. I'm desperate now. I need to be healthy.
  • tonlynn
    tonlynn Posts: 23
    I have started to ask myself this question: will I enjoy this cookie more than I will enjoy fitting into smaller pants? Is this piece of pie so good that I would rather be a size 14 than a size 8? I still let myself have treats a few times a week- but the calories must fit into my plan. So far there aren't many foods that I would honestly want more than I want to feel good about the way I look.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Hi! I'm almost 32 and in MD too. :-) Maybe think about making your diary public. It really holds you accountable. Do you track everything. Seeing how long it takes to burn something off reallly motivates me. :-)
  • ldb316
    ldb316 Posts: 13
    i grocery shop every 2 weeks. i get what i'm going to eat for breakfast and lunch for those next two weeks that will be within my calorie range and i eat the same thing everyday (excluding dinner). i leave the majority of my calories for dinner since i have to cook for the whole family. this way i don't think about what i'm going to eat, i just do it. it curbs my impulse eating. i'm also fortunate that at work we have 2 full size frig's, so i keep all my lunch stuff at work so i don't worry about packing or forgetting to pack my lunch in the morning.

i know that might not work for most people cuz everyone likes variety, but going on auto-pilot seems to help me.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    I have started to ask myself this question: will I enjoy this cookie more than I will enjoy fitting into smaller pants? Is this piece of pie so good that I would rather be a size 14 than a size 8? I still let myself have treats a few times a week- but the calories must fit into my plan. So far there aren't many foods that I would honestly want more than I want to feel good about the way I look.

I love this - and will use it - THANKS!!

For me, water has helped. Pop doesn't taste the same to me now. And I completely agree with the previous posters that I see food as fuel now. Yes, I still want the cookies and chips, but they are not giving me what I need to fit into those pants or run that 5K. Maybe set a goal - like an event to complete (pick a 5K for a great charity). That way, you can see the big picture (the 5K) but award the little things along the way (a new pair of gym shoes, etc).

Remember, we've all been there and those days happen, the trick is to accepting "those days" and not turn them into "those weeks, months or years."
  • kels67
    kels67 Posts: 41
    Thanks for all the great advise. I guess i just have to "find my way". I know i have the will power, beacuse i quit somking about three years ago. But i find loosing weight is much harder :sad:
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    From the look of your ticker you are not far from your goal weight which makes losing harder. But I like the advice from above: What will you enjoy more; fitting into new smaller clothes or the ONE cookie? Set yourself a splurge day or two. Say Tuesdays and Fridays - on those days you can eat that ice cream or cookie or go out to eat with friends. But the other day - you need to fuel up. Keep your body going and remember to get those macros in. Lots of veggies and fruit!

you should also make your diary public - it holds you more accountable if you know that everyone can see what you're eating every day. I know I do much better b/c I don't want to be embarrassed by my choices! I want people to look at mine and say "Job well done on today menu" :wink:

Up'ing the work outs may not help you in losing that last 10lbs. You are now gaining muscle so you may get definition and lose some inches, but the weight may stay the same. At least that's where I am at. I only work out 2x per week now and try to jst stay more active the rest of the week!

Increase your water and lower your sodium would be my last suggestion. From your picture - you look awesome and be proud of those 8lbs!! :happy:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Thanks for all the great advise. I guess i just have to "find my way". I know i have the will power, beacuse i quit somking about three years ago. But i find loosing weight is much harder :sad:

OK. now I believe you :D just put that much effort into it! AWESOME!
  • Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    THAT'S THE WAY I DO MINE, I REALLY CANT DO VARIETY IF I'M TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT. I FIX MY STUFF FOR A WEEK, THEN DO ANOTHER WEEK OF SOMETHING DIFFERENT. AND ITS NOT BAD AT ALL, ITS SO MUCH EASIER THAN TRYING TO HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVERY DAY.
  • Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    I'LL BET YOU ARE GOING TO GO ON AND DO THAT THING. THE HEALTH ISSUES SCARED ME TOO!