Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

Options
Has anyone seen the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead? I just heared about it today, and will watch it tonight. It's supposed to be a detox diet. I was going to try it for a week, but I will make up my mind after I watch the documentary.

Is anyone familiar with it? What do you think

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Just watched it the other day. He does the juice fast which gives him wonderful results.I'd try it if I could but I'm without the resources.

It was truly inspiring though.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It's a great watch...it definitely got me using my juicer more!
  • SarahFrankel
    SarahFrankel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just heard about it the other day too! Going to check it out :)
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    They should do a documentary on how homeless people loose weight its probably more simple and less hollywood....
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    it was a good movie, i think the fast was most effective for his skin condition. He never discusses his extreme lack of protein which is a major flaw to the fast. If you suffer from headaches, stomach problems and stuff like the fast seems to be effective.
  • thomasdyre
    thomasdyre Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I watched it, along with Food Matters, and Food Inc. All three are very good movies. Food matters was a great tie into FSND. I even started juicing this past week. I don't think I will try a sixty day juicing fast. I might try a 5 or 10 day fast though. I don't know if I would classify it as a detox diet. It was meant to help with detox, but also I thought the purpose was to get healty though changing the eatting habits.

The website reboot.com has somemore info on juicing.

As far as protein my juice this morning had 17g. You just have to choose the right vegtables and fruits to get your daily nutrition.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    it was a good movie, i think the fast was most effective for his skin condition. He never discusses his extreme lack of protein which is a major flaw to the fast. If you suffer from headaches, stomach problems and stuff like the fast seems to be effective.

How is there an extreme lack of protein when he's juicing vegetables?? All living things are made up of proteins, and you can get all the protein you need from juicing veggies...I'm confused about where you're going with your statement...
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    From the sound of the title I think you SHOULD watch the program to make sure they don't mean this, IF YOU TRY THE DETOX YOU"LL BE NEARLY DEAD. May not be what they mean but I'd be sure first.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I watched it. It was pretty inspiring, but it also looks VERY expensive! I wouldn't recommend it for people on a budget.