Pilates

Options
Does anyone do pilates, and if so- how are you logging it in your exercise section? I cannot seem to find it as an option. Thanks!

Replies

• RunBikeSkiRepeat
    Options
    Does anyone do pilates, and if so- how are you logging it in your exercise section? I cannot seem to find it as an option. Thanks!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have this same question, there is no option for pilates and for yoga there is only a specific kind of yoga stretching which I don't think is the same as the general yoga that I do. That is my only complaint about MFP-- its exercise options aren't nearly as numerous as the food options. (I've also noticed they have a choice for running at 10 min mile pace and 11.5 min mile pace but not 11 min mile pace... I don't get it.)

I'm sorry I can't be of any help; I am waiting to see if someone else can help.
  • RunBikeSkiRepeat
    Options
    It's okay. If someone could even give the approximate calorie burn, I suppose I could enter it manually? I got to pilates class for an hour twice a week and it's the most difficult thing ever ! I would like to log this!
  • jen_huff
    Options
    I hear ya. I do a core pilates on a ball and I have no idea what I am burning either!
  • Dimason
    Options
    I do the Winsor Pilates thingee and it tells me that a 30 min workout at the intermediate level burns approximately 190 calories. Not sure if that helps at all!
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    You should try this web site.

www.caloriesperhour.com
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i do pilates occasionally and i log it as calisthenics. I love the way that pilates elongates and tones muscles. I feel that it is very effective!
  • RunBikeSkiRepeat
    Options
    The class I go to is a bit of a modification on it. You definitely get your heart rate up and even use weights at certain points. I'm going to enter it manually at 250 calories based on websites I've checked out. Some say more- some say less. It's probably more important the time that I put in than the calories burnt anyway.
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I hope MFP can add this in.