Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV - but not sure if I like it

So my hubby came to me and asked me how much weight I have lost. I told him the number and he said "Don't you think you should stop now?" He said to his friend last night - in front of me mind you - that when we met I had what he called "junk in the trunk" and he loved it....and now I've lost it. I told him I am not done on my journey. When we met 20 years ago I was overweight. I have since had 5 kids (9 pregnancies) and have made a big change in my life losing weight. I am not going to stop because he likes his woman on the chunky side. This weight loss journey is about me and how I feel as well as my health. If he's not happy about it I don't know what to do. I just know that I am not stopping until I am ready and not when he says.

I am happy that he noticed I am losing the chubb and I am happy he thinks I am looking good enough to stop. But that doesn't mean I am done with this. I still have atleast 20 pounds to go yet and come hell or high water I am going to finish what I started! I am just a bit bummed that I will have to deal with the negativity that will come with the rest of my journey.

Thanks for taking the time to read my semi-rant here! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    You can rant here anytime you want....I am sorry that you have to deal with the negativity that is going on around you. I hope you do show him that the new you is better than the one that he fell in love with. Keep your head up and be strong.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    As long as you are being honest with yourself as to your goal weight being a healthy one, then I say keep doing what you want to do. You need to do what is right for you and not for some ideal aesthetic that will keep your husband "happy". I'd say the same thing to a woman whose husband likes skinny women and who feels she needs to put on weight.

Besides, he might find that he likes the skinnier you even more.
  • New here, what does NSV stand for?
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm sure he'll be changing his tune when he realizes you're even hotter than you were before and he won't be able to keep his hands off you!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    I think you have the right attitude, although as someone else said, as long as you're aiming towards a healthy weight.

I think sometimes people who love you don't always see that you need to change. I also think sometimes people are afraid of change, even to the extent where you doing this and making such a difference to your life might cause a partner to feel a little insecure.

It's positive that you're so determined to do this for you and not for anyone else; too many people lose weight to try and please others, or keep their partner interested etc and it's really positive to see someone so focused on their goal and doing it all for themselves. Good for you.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    New here, what does NSV stand for?

Non-Scale Victory
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Thanks guys. I am saying 20 more pounds because that is the high end of the suggested weight for me. If I get to that point and want to continue I will have to reassess my goals. I really am miffed that he's acting this way. A partner/hubby/wife should be supportive and not bring negativity to everything you do. This is just a really big deal to me that I have stuck with this for so long and am slowly making progress towards a goal. Oh well...when I get there I will just have to stick my tongue out at him and say "Nanny nanny boo boo"....LOL!!
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    New here, what does NSV stand for?

Non-Scale Victory

Oh! I assumed it meant No Small Victory - haha!
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Sometimes when a person makes positive changes in their life, the people around them get a little scared. They worry about how their own life might change (ie. "Should I lose weight too?" "Will she still want me when she's hot?").

Maybe you could try reassuring him how much you love and appreciate him. I know, hard to do when you're miffed at they guy for being a dolt, but if you try to see where his feelings are coming from maybe you'll feel better. I bet it doesn't have much to do with the size of your "trunk"! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!