Hello

Options
Hi, I recently joined myfitnesspal and just wanted to say hello to all. I am a very morbidly obese male, age 45, weighing a staggering 564 lbs. I should mention that I was 588.5. In October 2008 I made a decision to change my life forever by starting my journey to living a healthy lifestyle so that I may take back control of my body. I have a super long way to go but I am determined to succeed this time round. No more "yoyo dieting" for me. Just simple, healthy eating and exercise will get me to my goal. I am making attainable goal choices so that in the end they will be sustainable goals down the road.

Replies

• Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I recently joined myfitnesspal and just wanted to say hello to all. I am a very morbidly obese male, age 45, weighing a staggering 564 lbs. I should mention that I was 588.5. In October 2008 I made a decision to change my life forever by starting my journey to living a healthy lifestyle so that I may take back control of my body. I have a super long way to go but I am determined to succeed this time round. No more "yoyo dieting" for me. Just simple, healthy eating and exercise will get me to my goal. I am making attainable goal choices so that in the end they will be sustainable goals down the road.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome..you have made a great decission. This site is great and has alot of offer..the best thing is you are not alone everyone is here to help. Good luck with your healthy choice if I can be of any help just ask. Have a great day Jo
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, and if you stay dedicated, I'm sure you will reach your goals in time :flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome, to get started make sure you use the BMR calculater in the tools section for the right calorie intake. :wink: (I probably am getting annoying, but I try to make sure all the newbies do it, so they start out right):bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the 20 down! :smile:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome to MFP and good luck on your new journey to a healthier you. Be sure to try out the food logger and exercise diary. When I first started on here I was amazed at the calories that I was consuming. I also only worked out sporadically. That all changed when I started logging my food and realized that I needed to exercise to earn more food calories. I now exercise everyday in some way. Even if it's a only a walk, I'm still exercising!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of support and answers to most questions right here on MFP. Remember, we're all here working toward the same goal!:flowerforyou:
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome Poobear if you have any questions just ask.... the journey is long one with many obstacles but one can get through them and succeed.... if I can do it...anyone can. Stay focused and committed to your goal and through all the sweat, tears and joy you will be a healthier you in no time.