Right on track :)

Options
Hey there everyone. So I have been using my fitness pal on and off for the past year or so, but it was only about three weeks ago when i decided that i would actually start to use it for the RIGHT reason... to get rid of all of this baggage that has been holding me down for my whole life. I am a teenage girl, english size 18, 5'4 and my starting weight was 208lb... I couldnt BELIEVE it when i stepped on the scale, but i vowed that it would be the last time i would see that number, and it was. So far i have been doing well, i have lost 8lb and adjusted well to my calorie goal, and in the past few days i have upped my exercise to double what i had been doing before. So i thought it was finally time to get to know some people on here and look for some motivation and friendships, as well as to help other people achieve their goals. I have also just started the 30 day shred dvd, so feel free to message me or add me or however it works on here for a chat. Look forward to getting to know you as i start my new, improved life :) Lots of love, Ellen xxx

Replies

• mark_n_kim
    mark_n_kim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I've been working to improve my health for almost a year now. I avoid the word diet because i've failed every diet i've ever been on! Instead I made life changes. I eat healthier "most" of the time but I eat!! I eat 3 small meals a day plus snacks.. and I work out usually 5 days a week during my lunch hour. If I need a break i cut it down to 3. I've lost 33lbs and I feel great. As a huge bonus, the blood pressure meds my doctor said i would probably have to take forever, I no longer have to take!! So i hope I inspire you maybe a little. Do it the right away, dont burn yourself out, treat yourself sometimes so you dont rebound or binge and exercise! Switch it up, walking, running, eliptical, tapes or dvd's. Whatever it takes to keep you going. :) Good luck!
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you so much. Haha yes my dad ALWAYS says that calling something a diet means it will fail, so i prefer to think about everything as a lifestyle change! Well done you have reached such wonderful goals, you are truly an inspiration, and you are so positive, just as I try to be. My motto is "always bring your own sunshine", so i try to look at everything with a positive spin on it :)