QUick breakfast

Options
mbb8682
mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
What is something I could make on a sunday and it could last me all week so I have no temptations?

Replies

• mbb8682
    Options
    What is something I could make on a sunday and it could last me all week so I have no temptations?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    When I was working, I would have the same breakfast every single day and loved it!

Protein Shake (in a cup that I took with me on the drive)
    - 1 scoop protein powder (no fat, no carb)
    - 1 cup of skin milk
    - 1/4 cup frozen berries

The whole thing was 220 calories, and kept me full until lunch! It was the easiest thing to make in the morning too! Kept my kitchen clean!
    :flowerforyou:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Breakfast burritos and freeze them?
  • mbb8682
    Options
    What all do you put in burrito whatever you want?
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I put lots of veggies, egg whites or eggbeaters (super low calorie), also salsa which is again low calorie. But yeah you can put whatever you like it, I like mushrooms, asparagus, low calorie cheese....
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I once saw a recipes for scrambled egg muffins in a magazine. Maybe you could make them and warm one up each morning. Not sure but they should last a little while in the fridge. I'm sure there are recipes online and they seem very simple.
  • Trailgypsy
    Trailgypsy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am curious which protein powder you use that is low in calories and fat. The shake idea sounds wonderful!javascript:add_smiley('smile','post_body')
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning M-F I get the quaker instant fruit and cream its 130 calories a pack actually less calories than the weight control and it fills me up and holds me over until lunch and im not starving come lunch time either- I keep a box at my desk and make it there since I don't have time to make/eat breakfast at home
  • theresamasucci
    theresamasucci Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Xymogen Rice Protein Powder and add fruit or berries or chocolate lite.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I don't make anything special for breakfasts, but I always have Multi-grain Cheerios, Skim Milk, organic yogurt, oatmeal packets, fresh fruit, individual cheeses (Laughing Cow, Land o Lakes and Cracker Barrel all make reduced fat single portion sizes), apple sauce, wheat bread and jellies, Smart Ones Egg McMuffins (for when the urge really strikes and I don't want to spend all my calories for the day at McDonalds) and some other breakfast time staples in my cupboards and fridge...that way no matter how much time I have in the morning I have something healthy to start my day with.

On the weekends I usually have an egg white omelette with liquid egg whites, a few slices of Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh smoked ham, and Laughing Cow cheese and some toast...but it only takes a few moments so I could make them on weekday mornings as well...
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    if I don't have instant oatmeal, it is 1 piece of whole wheat toast, peanut butter and 1/2 a banana. weekends I cook burritos too, as well as scrambled. If you like hashbrowns, I make them in the oven, you could cook them ahead and reheat them in the microwave. I chop up the potatoe, put a little olive oil in a bowl with some spices, make sure they are coated, and cook them for 20 min. We have them a lot on weekends, but you could make them up ahead to thow in beside a scrambled egg in the microwave.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I am curious which protein powder you use that is low in calories and fat. The shake idea sounds wonderful!javascript:add_smiley('smile','post_body')

I use "Isopure" brand - but if you go down to your local GNC they have a million flavours and brands! Ask them for one that is low is carbs and fat (otherwise it's a "weight gainer" shake - eeek!). Some will have one or two grams of carb (which is mine) and it takes A LOT better than the ones that have absolutely no carbs.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Everything sounds wonderful. Thank you everyone.

This morning I had coffee and a special K bar 90 calories.