Mellow Mushroom?

Options
I have never eaten there but have heard great things about them (non MFP people LOL). I think we are going there for a birthday lunch this week and I am looking for recommendations. It doesn't have to be the lowest calorie item on the menu...something that is a combo of tasty and a healthier choice. I am leaning toward the avacado hoagie...I saw it in the data base, but when I emailed Mellow Mushroom they gave me some roundabout answer about how they are working on getting the nutritional content available.

Replies

• Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Their specialty pizzas are awesome; my favorite is a Kosmic Karma...yum
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    Yea, totally love that place. They don't offer their nutrition on line either which is probably not a good sign. Try to go with something grilled or veggies. Drink lots of water before and after you go. Eat :) we gotta let loose every now & then....ENJOY!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem with them. Great restaurant, but they are slacking on accurate nutritional information. Makes sense considering the psychedelic hippy theme. lol

I've done cheeseless pizza there before and been really happy with it. I just get lots of toppings like barbecued tofu, mushrooms, and spinach. It's really the sauce and dough that makes their pizza.

They also have a hummus trio that is to die for!

All the hoagies are delish (especially the portobello), but just watch out for the cheese. They really pile it on!

Now, I really want to go to there. lol Yum. :-)
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They have amazing pizza!
    Not sure what healthy choices they have though!! Good Luck!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Went there once in Myrtle Beach, they have awesome pizza! Sounds like you'd have to consider a trip there a splurge and maybe make up for it later. Or exercise extra that day to help make up for it :)

Have fun!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    might not be the best nutritionally, but i LOVE the caprese salad!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mmm mmm, now I'm hungry and excited to try it out! Watch the birthday girl will change her mind now LOL.

I think I may splurge and have whatever looks good (reasonably so LOL). Light breakfast and dinner Thursday ;).
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Mmm mmm, now I'm hungry and excited to try it out! Watch the birthday girl will change her mind now LOL.

I think I may splurge and have whatever looks good (reasonably so LOL). Light breakfast and dinner Thursday ;).

HAHA i just emailed my boyfriend to tell him i'm craving this now and see what our dinner plans are for tonight! ha! oh, and my favorite is under munchies, it's the capri, not in salads. (They make it a hoagie too)
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    They actually make a decent salad there...
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    They have great salads, in which a small/side is actually enough for two meals/leftovers. Their Greek salad is my favorite. I also love their hummus and pita. You can customize your own personal pizza (a small pizza is enough for two meals too) with fruits, veggies, and numerous other toppings.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    I am a regular at Mellow Mushroom, I love the pizza and their sandwiches. They have good beer also.
  • Amy_LV
    Amy_LV Posts: 3
    Options
    Kosmic Karma is delicious and appears healthier than all the rest. I am not going to lie, I don't know that for sure. But, great pizza. =] Good luck with your goals!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love the vegan pizza there. According to livestrong.com most of their pizzas aren't that bad.
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Beat pizza ever but way high in calories. :(