NSV for my fear

Options
DK30096
DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
So last year April 2010 I had an amazing baby girl! Well with that came a heart faliure diagnosis (post partum cardiomyopothy). This was not caused by anything but pregnancy. So anyway over the last 15 months I've been scared to let my heart get over a whisper even though the doctors say it's okay (that I have recovered). Well last week I started running! My heart was beating powerfully! I actually started crying during the first run because I realized how scared I had been to start excersising! I know I survived this rare condition for a reason and I need to treat my boby as great as I can. So anyway I've been running for a week and this morning I ran for 55 minutes :-) It was a hard thing getting over my fear but I did it!!! YAY! Now I plan to kick some butt!!!

Replies

• jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Good for you for conquering that fear. I'd be terrified as well! You have come so far already. Great job!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    So anyway I've been running for a week and this morning I ran for 55 minutes :-) It was a hard thing getting over my fear but I did it!!! YAY! Now I plan to kick some butt!!!

I think you already DID kick some BUTT. I only recently ran for that long, and I've been trying for TWELVE YEARS. WOW. :noway:
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself! :happy:
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Congrats on the baby and then recovering and regaining your health! That's a great run. Now, get out there and do what ya said... kick some butt!!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) WONDERFUL!!!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow, your story is compelling! Glad to hear your back at it and feeling good!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your amazing story. Conquering your fear is the hardest part. Now you can be the healthy, active, fantastic mom that you want to be. Wishing you all the best on your running endeavors.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    Awesome victory- actually brought tears to my eyes- overcoming fear is so challenging...and rewarding- GOOD FOR YOU!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep up the good work!!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    I am soooooooooooo happy for you Diana!!! I didn't realise you were diagnosed with that, I am very glad you have recovered! What a great NSV!!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    While my dumb doctors refuse to give a diagnosis of post partum cardiomyopathy I went into heart failure 6 days after my fourth child was born. I nearly died. My son is now almost 4 and I am training for my second marathon, compete in judo tournaments and have become a fitness fanatic. The doctors are stunned at how healthy I am. I can't tell you not to be afraid because I am still sometimes afraid...oddly I am not afraid of exercise but of feeling fully a woman....as pregnancy nearly killed me. But I get it.
  • marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    So proud of you! Thank you for sharing that! Glad you are comfortable enough to share and that you feel confident enough to run and enjoy yourself.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Facing your fear is an amazing accomplishment.... NSV, indeed!!
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the wonderful encouragement!!! I look forward to my run tomorrow :-)!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!