Favorite low-cal recipe?

Options
1smemae94
1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
What's your favorite low calorie recipe? Thanks.

Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    http://cheese.food.com/recipe/zucchini-and-halloumi-fritters-141541
    i found these n made them but i didnt make them bite size i made them bigger and had it with salad i thought they were totally fab and ill do them again.x
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    Egg white fritattas loaded with any veggies(spinach, sweet potato and mushroom is my fav) and sprinkled with parmesan cheese no matter how I make them they always come in about less than 200 calories. I eat them breakfast lunch or dinner and they always fill me up and always satisfy.

1 cup egg whites
    1 cup any veggies
    2 TBLS Parmesan
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Like a lunch or supper recipe? Or a dessert?

My favorite supper is Chicken Marsala.

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup flour

4 chicken breasts, boned, skinless (5 oz.)

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 cup Marsala wine

1/2 cup chicken stock, skim fat from top

1/2 lemon fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup sliced mushrooms

1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

Directions
    1. Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.

2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.

3. To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced.

4. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.

5. Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.

6. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.

Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce

Calories: 282.9
    Fat: 5.8g
    Carbohydrates: 10.2g
    Protein: 42.8g

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe_details.asp?nutrition_id=67596

*LOVE* this chicken. mmmm mmmmm mmmmm I serve it with a whole wheat pasta.

My favorite dessert is something I made up.

1 [small] box of cheesecake flavored sugar free fat free pudding
    1 c. skim milk
    1/2 tub sugar free (or fat free-up to you) cool whip
    1 reduced fat pie crust

beat pudding mix into milk and continue whisk beating for 2 minutes. Gently fold in thawed cool whip. Put into pie crust and refrigerate until set (a couple hours minimum). If you don't want the pie crust, you can place a little into a ramekin or dessert dish and just sprinkle a couple graham crumbs on top or put a graham wafer on it.
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    I have a few
    1. Salsa Chicken
    ~12 ounces chicken breast
    ~1 large Onion
    ~Pace Salsa
    Slice onion, place half on bottom of a baking pan. Place chicken on top and cover with the remaining onion. Spoon several tablespoons of salsa on top. Cover and bake until chicken is cooked through.

2. Cucumber Salad
    ~1 cup sliced peeled cucumber
    ~1 ounce Greek non fat plain yogurt
    ~a splash of lemon juice
    ~Dill seasoning
    ~Garlic Salt
    ~Pepper
    Thinly slice the cucumber and add yogurt. Add seasonings to taste. Stir and enjoy

3. Tilapia baked with any seasoning; I will lay out a piece of tin foil, spray with non stick spray. Place tilapia down and season with either lemon pepper or garlic salt and dill or Cajun seasoning. Wrap and bake in the oven on 375 until fish is flaky
  • Estela565
    Options
    my favorite is egg white fritaddas bc is easy to make you can "grab and go" and you can add pretty much any vegetable you want
    ingredients:
    salt pepper to taste
    2 tbsp of lowfat milk
    7 whites
    5 whole eggs
    half cup of low fat cheese (your choice) for me i use mozzarela or jack
    mixed color peppers chopped ( could be cooked or raw)
    half cup of cooked spinach ( i cook it i n the microwave w just a tsp of chicken broth for flavor)
    muffin pan
    preheat oven 350

first preheat oven at 350 meanwhile whisk eggs and whites really well,add veggies and fold the cheese for last.
    spray muffin pan with lowfat cooking oil and pour mix into the pan leaving about hlf inch from the top
    let in the oven for 15 min .
    let it cool before removing from the pan
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yummy! thanks so much everyone :happy:
  • pesky22
    pesky22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chicken Stir Fry

Smother a chicken breast in half a tablespoon of chilli oil and a splash of dark soy sauce and bake.

Boil 30g of Rice

From the supermarket you can buy a chinese take away curry sauce, make up 150mls of the sauce and throw in around 150g of stir fry veg.

Shred the chicken once cooked and throw in the veg and curry sauce with your rice! Mix and add another splash of soy sauce and enjoy!

I've done this with beef strips/turkey steaks/king prawns and its always yummy! How many calories it comes out at depends on which meat you use but I haven't had one go above 500 calories yet.

Oh and try and eat with chop sticks if you can, it slows down your eating loads!!