Spinning calories - help???

Options
I know this question has probably been asked many times but I'll ask again anyways...
I am very confused as to how many calories are burnt in my spin class. I take a 45 minute class and I'd like to think my effort is moderate to high (generally). I sweat it out and try to work at full capacity 90 per cent of the time. Everywhere I look (exercise calorie calculators), I get a different numbers of calorie burnt. I am not really sure what the right answer is. Can anyone help me once and for all???

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I know this question has probably been asked many times but I'll ask again anyways...
    I am very confused as to how many calories are burnt in my spin class. I take a 45 minute class and I'd like to think my effort is moderate to high (generally). I sweat it out and try to work at full capacity 90 per cent of the time. Everywhere I look (exercise calorie calculators), I get a different numbers of calorie burnt. I am not really sure what the right answer is. Can anyone help me once and for all???
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i have a heart rate monitor and i usually burn between 380 to 420 calories a class, mine is 45 minutes long too. it all depends on the effort i put into it. i would highly recommend picking one up.
  • suzitto
    Options
    My instructor says we burn about 500, thats for a 45 min class.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My heart rate is up in the 160s to low 170s during the class so I found this website (because my hrm doesn't show cals burned) to calculate it. I'm generally dripping sweat onto the ground and just calculate my average per class this way...here's the link

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

@ michnthecity :- Mine came upto close enough to what I expected it to be with around 170 beats per minute (heart rate). It was around 517 calories but I think my instructor once said to count around 480. So, its close enough! Thanks again..