Calories and Activity Level.

Options
I have made a post about this before, but I did not get any real input. What I need to know is, do I have my activity level set right? I work on my feet all day. I run back and forth and do not sit down. Well, let me take that back. I get a 10 minute break, but I don't think that will harm my overall day. I also lift heavy boxes and a lot of other tidbits. As of right now, I have it set to lightly active and that gives me a 1450 calorie goal. Most days, I barely go over 1250 and I'm assuming that's why I am stalling in my weight-loss. Should I up my calories just as they are or should I move my activity level?

Also, if you would take a look at my food diary and give input on what I should change, I'd greatly appreciate that as well. I can use all the help and serious input I can get.

Replies

• ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would say that you are active and yes, you should eat all or almost all your calories everyday. I was eating about 1500 per day and stalled. Increased my calories to 1800 and the weight started coming off again.
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Do you really skip dinner most days? I think you are definitely not eating enough, even someone that sits at a desk all day should still eat at least 1200 calories.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you stall it's because you aren't eating enough, try to get to as close to the 1450 as you can, I platued for awhile eating 1200, but when I upped it, it helped. Hope this helps =]
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The last couple of days, I haven't tracked my dinner so well. I am eating at least 1200 calories a day, but I don't normally get back online after 3ish, so tracking my dinner is usually shot.
  • wenlot7
    wenlot7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There is an irony to weight loss...eat too little, your body thinks it's starving and won't give up any of it's fat storage OR eat too much and the food that wasn't burned turns into fat. I believe your problem is... is you are not eating enough and therefore, your body thinks it's starving itself. Long term "starvation" will force your body to eat away at the muscle first, then the fat. Short term "starvation" will lower your metabolic activity, thereby decreasing your overall BMR or basal metabolic rate. The only way to lose weight (fat weight) is to keep your BMR as high as possible while eating just enough of the right foods. I hope this helps.
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wish I could comment here wth some knowledge,but I'm still learning this one, thanks for the post
  • norcalbowler
    Options
    You need to eat what is recommended for your caloric intake on here to continue a loss. If you don't your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to whatever it can. Eat to the level or maybe slightly over and you'll get it kicked back in. I am of the belief though that you do not "eat your calories" that you burned. Or atleast not totally. If you want to maintain then yes you want to eat them...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would up your level to active and make sure you eat all the calories it recommends.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1550 in calories and have been stuck at the same weight since june 25th so i dropped my calories down to 1400
    to see if that would help. Good luck