NSV - post your recent ones!

Options
13»

Replies

• TrishDoller
    Options
    Last week was the week where everyone seemed to actually notice I've lost weight. When you're seeing your weight drop by 1's and 2's and still feel like you have a long way to go, it's nice to have someone tell you that you look great!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I found out what nsv is now why do people bump?

bump equals

bring
    up
    my

My NSV was a dress I had purchased a few months back with the plan to wear on my anniversary trip this coming August 20th. At the time I purchased the dress I could not even pull it up over my hips but I bought it anyway determined to wear it. about two weeks ago I tried it on with just the hopes of getting it up past my hips (not thinking it would zip just yet) and well to my surprise it not only slid right up but it zipped up easily :) I am so happy and I know my hubby is going to love it lol he hasn`t seen me in a dress since our wedding lol ( I started out in a size 16 and this dress is 11/12 )
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    I get the gist of what a NSV is bu what exactly does it stand for?

NSV eqals
    non
    scale
    victory
  • Kerith70
    Kerith70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I got told I look alot more comfortable in my skin.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Went shopping last weekend and bought 32" waist jeans and small sized t-shirts.

To think just over 3 months ago I was facing the prospect of having to go up from 34" to 36" and from Medium to large.

Went to put a pair of my new jeans on this morning however and they'd been on the wrong hanger so I'd accidentally bought a pair of 34"s - they'll be exchanged this weekend...
  • aoifebr
    aoifebr Posts: 92
    Options
    Im having one of those weeks where i feel fat, there is no reason for it I just feel that way. So today i pull out a pair of suit pants ive always had & which didn't fit (everything was dirty & I don't know how long I've had these pants or why but they used to be WAY to small). Anyway I put them on for the first time & went to work feeling pretty chuffed with myself. By after lunch today I realize they were too big (i can pull them down without unbottoning them) Shopping time me thinks!!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just caught myself in the mirror and thought "OMG! I have a lump!" No worries though... it's just my collar bone. Don't think I've seen it before. LOL :noway:
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie!

No problem :)
  • 33runnergirl
    33runnergirl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job! My recent NSV is not giving up.

I lost 37 pounds and then got stuck for over a month. In the past, every other time I have lost weight, I would have gotten frustrated and quit. I have finally realized that I just can't quit. Through several frustrating weeks I have just kept sticking with it, tweaking things and finally getting a new plan of fewer calories and less diet soda. And finally, I am losing again.

I'm really proud of myself for pushing through a really long plateau and ~finally~ realizng that a plateau can be worked through! I thank MFP for teaching me that.

I feel your pain. I've been stuck for the last month. It is so hard to push through when the scale isn't moving. Great job sticking with it!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I went to a 50th birthday party for an old friend, and lots of people there said they didn't recognise me because I had lost so much weight. It felt good because I actually felt I looked really hot. One of the photos taken on that night, I have as my FB profile pic.

GG
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    I put on my corset today....and it was too big around my stomach. Now, anyone of you ladies who have ever worn a corset, know that it is VERY tight..and completely unforgiving. Before, when I fastened the front busks..I would have to squeeeeze my hand down the fron, and kinda "lift" my stomack UP..before I was able to fasten it. Well...my stomach has shrunk sooo much, from eliminating sweets and soda..and just plain eating healthier and drinking tons of WATER.....that I was able to put that sucker on and fasten it right on up.....and there was actually room to put my FIST down the front of it. It's brand new corset time..this time steel boned.
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Oops......stomach....front..and any other misspelled words..just drop them where they belong...lolol
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had 2 today! I donated the remainder of my "fat clothes," and did day 3 of the 30DS without feeling like I was going to throw up. Lol
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The 4 dollar jeans I bought last year fit and are lose. It is a beautiful thing.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    About a week ago I was bummed because TOM came around and I gained some water weight (was so discouraged I skipped a week going to the scale so I will this weekend and see if it came back off) and my mom told me that I looked like I had lost anyway, so not to worry. She noticed my clothes looked looser on me as well.

Then this last weekend I went to my boyfriend's house for the weekend and his grandmother (not sure if she knew I'd been trying to get fit or not) but she was very surprised and said "Wow you've lost weight!"

So I feel a little victorious. Plus the first thing I really notice is my face looks a little less chubby, and my calves are not jiggly anymore.
  • MissBellatrix116
    MissBellatrix116 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I ordered a size smaller scrubs at work, since my current scrub pants will not stay up, no matter how tight I tie them!! XD This is super exciting, since my scrubs were getting a bit tight a few months ago.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    I was in the gym the other day and there were 2 school kids there, we were all doing the leg weight machines. I had the legpress at 100kgs (I think it's measured in kg anyway but it was about halfway down the weights) so I left that and went to the adductors which I do at 80kgs (goes up to 100kgs so the pin is quite near the bottom) when I see the young lad go onto the leg press then signal to his friend to come over then points to the weight and nods over to me! Then his friend wanders over and sneaks a peak at my weight on the adductor and goes back and whispers something. They were only about 14-15years old but must have thought a female couldn't lift more than them!

When I left the weights area they were both just staring at me! I kinda felt like a freak at the time lol but now I see it as a NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!