Quinoa vs Rice

Did anybody try quinoa (similar to rice). I heard it taste better than rice and a 6 pack ab food. I was thinking about purchasing some.

Replies

• quinoa is amazing, and best of all it is gluten free. :) the girls i work with eat it religiously. I once made a tally chart on how many times they mentioned quinoa in one day.

*not to mention, you can use quinoa in tons of recipes. We once had quinoa chocolate cake, and quinoa cookies.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    It's good if you cook it in chicken broth.
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE it... you will too!
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    It's yummy and it has a complete amino acid profile. I like to mix it into lentil soup.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Anywhere I'd use pasta or rice, I will frequently substitute quinoa... I love love love the texture of it.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    It's a popular grain cos it has lower carbs and higher protein, so those who are looking for that sort of nutrient intake find it a useful addition.

My favourite is to make a sort of pilaf with shallots and mushrooms - great as a side dish with grilled meat, and leftovers freeze well and reheat beautifully in the microwave.
  • Quinoa +1
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    love it and my blokie does too as he reckons it give him lots of energy when he's working out (and excellent for protein)
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Quinoa will win this battle everytime! I definitely recommend adding this power grain to your diet regime.
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    NEVER HAD IT!