i need one of you to boss me around

Options
I need help. I used to exercise a LOT when i was younger but for the past 5 years it has gone to nothing. i do have 2 fab kids to show for it but I also am fat, out of shape, and miserable. here are my challenges
1)I don't have the $$ to join a gym/take a class
2)I do daycare at home so if the kids can do it too that would be great

tell me exactly what to do PAHLEASE!!!! I have this site to count my calories but i need something specific to do....

Replies

• JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    I need help. I used to exercise a LOT when i was younger but for the past 5 years it has gone to nothing. i do have 2 fab kids to show for it but I also am fat, out of shape, and miserable. here are my challenges

tell me exactly what to do PAHLEASE!!!! I have this site to count my calories but i need something specific to do....
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Get some workout dvds
    Like Taebo Amped
    30 day shred- there both great and will kick your butt
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Indeed... get a video program. I started with P90... but there's lots of programs out there. Get one that comes with a series of videos as well as a laid out workout calendar that tells you what to do and when. I recommend any of the programs released by Beachbody.com (if you want, check my site and I have previews of a lot of their main programs). You can do it! :D
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Do you own a treadmill or other exercise equipment? I just have a treadmill. I try to get on it every morning whether I walk or run, I try to get on for a minimum of 30 minutes. I'm not a morning person but I have made myself get up in the morning and workout because by the end of the day I will be too tired to do anything. By doing this in the morning and logging my meals so I stay within the calories alotted me, I have lost 23 pounds since joining this site in July. If you don't have exercise equipment how about some exercise dvd's? Anything to get you moving again.:smile:
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    hey there. I am not good at bossing people, but I can give you some suggestions. I do home daycare as well.

I make sure and get out for an evening walk for at least twenty minutes in the evening at least three times a week. You get fresh air and I can't even tell you how good it makes you feel. Doesn't seem like much either, but it burns more calories than sitting on your tush.

Also, when the kids shows come on like yo gabba gabba or the wiggles, get up and dance. The kids love it and you burn calories. You could also put on the radio or some of your cd's and just move. The kids love that too. Before long they will start singing the songs themselves.

Hope these ideas help. Good luck!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Dance with the kids, take them for walks, play tag ,play simon says.
    You can also get some work-out tapes from the library and/or ask some friends if they have any to spare or just to use.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    thanks ladies, i took the plunge and bought some biggest loser videos and 2 kids yoga videos, I told my hubby is was cheaper than me staying chubby
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well lets see.. First off Im lindsay! I wish you much luck! I was in the gym from feb-july. Went on vacation, came home and DID NOTHING! I couldnt afford the gym & I was stressed... Well now its November.... Im still in the 190s like I was in July. I just started back in Octobem doing lil things around the house! My 3yo daughter loves to workout with me...She loves crunches(she has abs!)she loves jump and jacks and she loves for up to just dance.......But I try to do 350crunches, 350jump and jacks, 150wall push ups, 150 squats some days, I also got 2 yoga DVD's Im learning to do, I have a SI6 video and a yoga booty ballet DVD that I only do every know and then. Im not to into the DVDS but I do my best when I feel like it! Zoe likes watching the movies with me and she is always saying GO MOMMY YOU CAN DO IT. If that dont move you.. i dont know what will! lol Tell your kids to cheer you on while you do what you do.