What do you do on a bad day?

Options
In the past, if you were an emotional eating food addict (points at self) you would simply drown your sorrows in chocolate sauce or justify "hoovering" those 2 cheeseburgers...now that so many of us are dedicated to a better life, what do you do if you are having a bad day. how do you release it and make yourself feel better?

now accepting all responses that do not involve a refridgerator or a microwave...aaaaand go!

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Erm........I skip food and head straight for the wine. I just log what I drink these days.
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yard work, read a book, or clean. I force myself to stay out of the kitchen and focus on listening to my stomach!
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Exercise or tequila....do not do both....I repeat, DO NOT do both...it doesn't turn out well.
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sounds boring, but I just try to feel the feeling and let it be there, knowing it won't be forever. I don't try to avoid it, and sometimes I even meditate -> "sitting with it."
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I run or walk or do any kind of exercise. I find when I put on my headphones, I can get in a zone and everything else just doesn't matter. Plus I'm thinking about the calories I'm burning and what I can eat because of it. :) (good foods of course)

This also works when I'm bored. In the past, when I've been bored, I would think of something fun I could stop and eat for something to do...now I either get a full on workout in, or just walk. It's a much better use of my time!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Blast my angry music and take it out on the treadmill.
  • MrsVagus
    MrsVagus Posts: 82
    Options
    So cliche but go for a walk! It honestly makes me better. I have been a very bad emotional eater in the past- Women Food and God by Geneen Roth is an AMAZING, life changing book for emotional eaters like myself! Highly recommend it.
  • RosieGB33nz
    Options
    Honestly, i start with sugar free lollies or sugar free jelly and if they dont work i get bad food, not as much as i normally would and count it as a bad day. We are allowed treats and i think if we cut everything out without treating, thats where the bingeing starts..... I have tried cold turkey, just made me have more bad days!
  • kymberlee45
    Options
    Funny! I like the wine too!!! I have not had anything to drink since I began last week. IT has not been that difficult but I suspect that it will be this weekend as I have a party to go to.

As for my bad day. If you cannot get enough gumption up to go to the gym I usually will go to sleep! It beats eating!
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Exercise or tequila....do not do both....I repeat, DO NOT do both...it doesn't turn out well.

haahahahaha :laugh:
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Exercise and more exercise. When I've had a bad day, I try to "work it out" at the gym or by taking a long walk. Or cleaning the house. It really does help. Believe me, it took me MONTHS to come to this revelation (LOL) but it really does help with the emotional/stressed eating.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    A good walk does wonders for your mind...
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Clean like a madman. When I am frustrated upset etc.... I clean my little heart out.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

hahahah. i find that a few drinks make me more inclined to exercise... something about being buzzed just makes me want to run :-P
  • millymoozie
    Options
    ive been through some stuff since feb & i still get bad times & i have only just actually thought this question through as youve posted it & come to realise that my bad days now are just getting down but not exercising ,which thanks for bringing this to my attention ,i really hadnt noticed ive stopped using food ,i just stop the workout cos i lose the motivation ,but soon get back to it ,,ive actually learnt to cope with it ,ride it & get over it ,,,what a revelation ,im so glad i read your post x
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well, i'm still learning of course, but i am trying to do the "notice it and sit with it thing" so i can avoid getting myself stressed and angsted out LOL and I try to treat myself to something i love, like a bubble bath, a book, etc...and if i feel compelled to keep going, i will eat something, but i'll do the "make a huge bowl of lettuce with balsamic" or "cook up a cabbage head, etc...things I actually like, but are zilcho on the calorie list, or just about. My spluge often tends to be putting a teaspoon of butter on the veggies, because i'm still having very few calories, even though i'm splurging on fat. I know we shouldn't "use" food per se, but sometimes that old habit dies hard, and when my splurge can be 150 cals that easily fits into my days allotment, i feel satisfied and a lot less guilty. Once in a while i just need that splurge.
  • millymoozie
    Options
    ive been through some stuff since feb & i still get bad times & i have only just actually thought this question through as youve posted it & come to realise that my bad days now are just getting down but not exercising ,which thanks for bringing this to my attention ,i really hadnt noticed ive stopped using food ,i just stop the workout cos i lose the motivation ,but soon get back to it ,,ive actually learnt to cope with it ,ride it & get over it ,,,what a revelation ,im so glad i read your post x

i guess food is no longer a problem for me ,,im so happy with that ,,i used to reach for everything sweet , & the dreaded pot of nutella would allways get it on my bad day .
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Damn.

there goes my therapy. :D
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options

LOL...Love it!

I put the headphones on and take off for a long run. The things you can figure out by the time you're done are amazing.
    Now if some people at the top would do that with the deficit, world hunger, wars, etc…
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    I would try to exercise! At least if your having a bad day you can turn it into something good. Grabbing a friend and going on a walk to talk about things helps sometimes to.
    Good luck and feel better ;)