Quick, Easy, Healthy Breakfast Ideas?

Options
It's the end of the summer which means I have to go back to work next week?????

So I need some help...

During the school year I have to wake up at 5am so I can "prettify" and leave by 6. This doesn't give me much time to eat. Last year I would grab a piece of bread to eat on my way out the door. I would be starving by "lunch" at 9:36 and then be even more hungry when I got home at 3:30. I think if I can get some QUICK, EASY, and HEALTHY breakfast ideas for my next trip to the grocery store, I will do a much better job in staying on this "journey."

Help???

Replies

• bonesfan
    Options
    String cheese and nuts, easy to grab and run and the protein will keep you full longer
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Fruit, whole grain cereals you can munch on in the car.....fruit......instant oatmeal, not the best satisfying
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled egg whites, yogurt, and a banana.

Perfect, healthy, less than 300 cals.

Sometimes I cut out the banana if I want to keep it super low.

Edit: you can cook your eggs like a week in advance, too.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    oat sachets are good, but higher in sugar then the big bags.
    but for quick and easy theyre perfect!
    if you're from aus uncle tobys quick sachets, but if not theres other ones.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Toast, hard boiled egg, banana
  • lewis960
    Options
    I like the hard boiled egg whites, banana, and yogurt one....thanks!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I make a whole bunch of oatmeal during the weekend and portion it out for each day.

You could make a protein shake (yogurt/banana/peanut butter/ice).

You could made a couple scrambled eggs and make yourself a little egg sammich.

I've been known to eat pizza for breakfast....you don't have to limit to yourself to "breakfast" type foods. ;)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Jimmy Dean turkey sausage french toast sandwiches....mmm-mmm.
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you like hot cereal I had submitted a recipe for slow cooker hot cereal. It is real filling and makes 4 servings.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It may not sound healthy to do bacon but it isn't bad and if you like turkey bacon it could be lower in calories. Cook bacon ahead. One sandwich thin roll toasted with favorite Laughing Cow or WW wedge cheese spread on one side, baby spinach leaves, bacon for a portable and delicious bfast sandwich. I also cook a pot of steel cut oats for a few days and use a measuring scoop to portion it out, add my bberries and peanut butter when I warm it up.
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    the microwave oats - 90 sec in the microwave and they're ready. :)

or a bowl of muesli and milk - takes me 5 mins.
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Same story here, and it's so early in the a.m it's hard to eat breakfast. I eat a quick small breakfast like the ones that were mentioned above, and take a snack with me too. Usually string cheese or apple slices that I can eat at my desk between classes or during my prep.
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    Egg whites with baby spinach scramble! Sprinkle FAT FREE feta on top and voila :D
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs would be easy to fix the night before. They keep me full longer. Protein bars, granola bars......
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    some good suggestions here. I didn't see it, so I'll add one of my faves....natural peanut butter and celery.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    My "portable" breakfasts...

-1 frozen waffle topped w. 1/4c greek yogurt and berries
    -cottage cheese with fruit
    -1 slice toast with peanutbutter and sliced bananas
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast burritos! Scramble one egg mixed with 1 Tablespoon or so of salsa. Put the cooked egg/salsa on a low carb tortilla (I like La Favorita Carb Cutter Multi Grain tortillas) with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons of black beans. You can make these ahead of time and just microwave them for 30-60 seconds before you walk out the door. 233 calories. Lots of protein to keep you full longer.
  • drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas! I also like to make oatmeal and portion it out for the week.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love my recipe for HCG Cinnamon Mug bread it's quick and easy and very filling add some flavored cream chees to it and you have breakfast for around 300 calories that will fill you up for awhile!! If you can go to my page and see if you can copy it if not let me know and i can write it out for ya!!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes!!! The grab and go kind or make you own from Whey...1 scoop in water with half a banana and a tb of peanut butter is my favorite. It sticks with me until lunch