Dehydration

Options
I can't get water down. I just can't. I can't stand the flavor, and overall... I HATE water. I have trouble on a daily basis getting it down, but now I have severe sunburn that's turning into sun poisoning and I'm pretty much dehydrated. Any idea or tps on what I can add to water to get me to drink it? :/ it just doesn't seem to quench my thirst as well! D:

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I can't get water down. I just can't. I can't stand the flavor, and overall... I HATE water. I have trouble on a daily basis getting it down, but now I have severe sunburn that's turning into sun poisoning and I'm pretty much dehydrated. Any idea or tps on what I can add to water to get me to drink it? :/ it just doesn't seem to quench my thirst as well! D:

Try buying bottled water. It shouldn't have a flavor.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Try adding fresh fruit to your water, watermelon, lemons and oranges give a light fruity twist.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The Crystal Lite Pure packets can be added to water bottles. Lemonade flavor is really good. They are all natural too.
  • Tahru
    Tahru Posts: 58
    Options
    Maria darling. Water doesn't HAVE a taste. Put lemon in it..or suck it up and just drink it.
    I quite honestly think you should suck it up and drink it |{D
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    crystal light. bubble carbconated water with falvor. flavored water. lemon juice. fruit juice. be creative =] or just chug it. that's what i do, and i hate water.
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The Crystal Lite Pure packets can be added to water bottles. Lemonade flavor is really good. They are all natural too.
    I think I have some in the cabinet :) trouble is, getting my mom to get it for me haha Im so burned it hurts to move DX
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Maria darling. Water doesn't HAVE a taste. Put lemon in it..or suck it up and just drink it.
    It has a taste. an awful taste. bottled, from the tap...EVERY water tastes nasty
  • cdupuie84
    Options
    My water has a taste. It tastes like dirt! GROSS... I got a purifier and its not so bad, sometimes I add Mio to it or a flavored benefiber. Cucumber water is great as well, I had that at a spa. yum!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It's actually quite simple when you strip it down to it's essentials, hydrate or die.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Drink it thru a straw.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    How about unsweet tea with some splenda or other sweetner?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I also promote sucking it up. It's better for you than you can imagine.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hating water? Wow thats like the most unnatural thing I have heard in quite a while...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I quite honestly think you should suck it up and drink it
    I have wanted to say this to so many people.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I force myself. Close my eyes and count to ten while I'm drinking. That's the only way...
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    It's actually quite simple when you strip it down to it's essentials, hydrate or die.

HAHA yes this is true :) I chug a bottle every hour. So that is about 22 cups but I love it!
  • maryzcontrary
    Options

that's exactly my sentiment. Seriously, there are some real, nasty, long term issues that can come from you not drinking water, most certainly a shorter life span....if you must, use the crystal lite or something, just don't DIE from bad kidneys or dehydration - and think of what your skin is going to look like in 10 years - california raisin!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It has a taste. an awful taste. bottled, from the tap...EVERY water tastes nasty

I agree. bottled, tap whatever I hate the taste of water makes me wanna vomit. I drink flavored water or tea that has no sugar calories caffeine etc. 0 everything so its just as good as water.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I used to add bourbon to my water just to make sure that the water was safe to drink. ;-)

Now that I've changed my dietary habits, I try avoid plain water. It's not that it tastes bad it's that its tasteless.

When I'm doing that's 30 to 60 mins, I break down and drink it. On runs > 60 minutes, I drink my home made "recovery" drink - sugar, salt, potassium, crystal light, and water.

All other times, it's tea or coffee, either hot or iced.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love carbonated water with a squeeze of lime (tastes like sprite!) Also good, flavored fiber water. I try not to buy the artificially sweetened though, too much makes my mouth feel dry (kinda counter productive). Also, over time you may get used to the taste of water, I know I did (although I never really hated it, I just preferred other things). As you start to be healthier your tastes might change some, I don't crave sweets like I used to anymore. :)

Besides, you're already making yourself make healthier choices by wanting to get fit and most Docs will tell you that hydration is one of the keys of health and fitness (staying hydrated helps keep your body from retaining too much water and helps um...keep you regular) so the benefits outweigh the taste "cost."