Worried...

Options
I haven't been to see a doctor in around 6 or 7 years, I have gone to the emergency room once in those years and that was due to me having pneumonia.I was forced to make an appointment because I've been having excessive mostly unexplained bruising all over my body with the worst of it on my legs with the biggest being around 2 inches in diameter. I look like I've been in a fight and I lost, it doesn't hurt but it looks so bad. My appointment is on Friday and I'm so nervous that the doctor is going to give me bad news. I'm not really showing how much it bothers me to my friends and family, I guess I just needed to get that out there somewhere.

Replies

• ruth369
    Options
    I haven't been to see a doctor in around 6 or 7 years, I have gone to the emergency room once in those years and that was due to me having pneumonia.I was forced to make an appointment because I've been having excessive mostly unexplained bruising all over my body with the worst of it on my legs with the biggest being around 2 inches in diameter. I look like I've been in a fight and I lost, it doesn't hurt but it looks so bad. My appointment is on Friday and I'm so nervous that the doctor is going to give me bad news. I'm not really showing how much it bothers me to my friends and family, I guess I just needed to get that out there somewhere.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I pray that the doctor will give you good news and that your fears and concerns will be laid to rest. I know these kind of doctor's visits can be awfully stressful, but I hope that you will be able to find peace until you have an answer. God bless.
  • HustleRose
    Options
    I have the same problem, which seems to get worse when I'm watching what I eat and working out. I've had bloodwork done testing for just about everything, and not really finding much, so I don't think it's anything too serious, at least not for me.

Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    no matter what is wrong, going to the doctor's is the best thing to do. If it's nothing then he'll be able to tell you that definitively, if it's something serious (which I pray it isn't) you're in the right place to seek help and to recover. Try not to stress, *deep breath* take someone you love along, it'll help :flowerforyou:
  • rudyann
    Options
    Well it's good that you are going, because if there is something wrong you can take care of it. It may be something small you never know, until you go. I wish you all the best and hope it's nothing major.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    sounds like you may just be low in iron. I had that prob and bruised extremely easy. Prob an iron supplement and no worries! Good luck!
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    I have the same problem and have had it for years. I'm anemic, my body doesn't absorb b 12 vitamins or iron. I burse really easy for no apparent reason (really big bruises as well), feel extremely cold all the time even if its 80 out, and sometimes just down right exhausted.

Ask your doctor if you could be anemic. If you are take an iron supplement, but make sure you eat a lot of apples too.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry to much..Thoughts and prayers:flowerforyou:
    I also think it's low iron ...Keep us posted.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about doctors.. I hate them and i literallyhave panic attacks when I go to them.

But from what you are explaining it sounds like you have very low iron so go ahead and be prepared to have them take blood. I would up your iron intake in your foods (i.e. spinach, greens, red meat-in moderation of course, dates are good source of iron too)
    More than likely they will put you on an slow release iron supplement.

Keep your head up and it will be ok. Make sure you follow their advice.

Keep us updated! Take care ma!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I'm no doctor but you may be anemic- which means low iron- Dont think of the worse he or she may just give you iron or multi vitamins which be warned it constipates you :sick: --
  • roshong06
    Options
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers!