August Challenge Anyone?

Options
I know it's the first day of the month, so this will be a second day of august to second day of september challenge :smile:

Anyone want to do a challenge with me? I've only been involved in one challenge and it was so motivating that I REALLY want to do another one!

Anyone else have a high amount of weight that they want to lose in one month. I am looking to lose 10lbs this month and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join in and help motivate each other to do it.

Every day workouts with a minimum of 500 calories burned during each exercise. I know it sounds like a lot, but if you set your mind do it anyone can do it! I try my best to burn that every day, and I have been slacking lately, so tomorrow it's time to kick it into gear...It would be awesome if we could get like 10 people maybe? Even more would be awesome!

Hope some people are down for it, I would HATE to have to do it all on my own!

Let's do it guys and gals!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing horrible lately! I've gained about 7 lbs in the last 2-3 months after losing 30.. So I am having a rough one.. just posted about it actually... I need to jump start this again and lost 10-12 lbs this month!
  • tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :smile:
  • promiseskept
    Options
    Okay... I am in! I have been on a plateau, so maybe this will break it!!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I gained 6 lbs this weekend ( eat whatever you want for two days is a huge failure) and have decided to recommit to eating clean and exercising. I've also decided not to weigh myself for a month. I'm a compulsive weigher and it's out of hand. Don't know how that will affect the challenge but i'll do my body fat percentage instead if that's okay?
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    Awesome! Send a friend request who ever is all in and I can update with weekly challenges and all those fun things that come along with challenges!
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I would love to do it!

I was supposed to weigh 130lbs by my first day of my last semester of college (august 22nd) and right now I am at 136!
    At this point it would be hard to lose 6 pounds in 22 days, so I'll shoot for the 2nd of September! I may shoot for 129 but with strength training I may be gaining muscle mass.
    But I'm in!!!
  • Bethabee_
    Options
    I'm in. I gained 6 lbs this weekend ( eat whatever you want for two days is a huge failure) and have decided to recommit to eating clean and exercising. I've also decided not to weigh myself for a month. I'm a compulsive weigher and it's out of hand. Don't know how that will affect the challenge but i'll do my body fat percentage instead if that's okay?
    Just a heads up, I tried this from weighing almost everyday, and that is when I gained my weight... I think I just kind of didn't push myself by not weighing enough.. I think from now on the least often would be once every other week.
  • grandalusion
    Options
    Yeah...I've been doing well, but I plateaued during July, so this is great!
  • bkennedy1612
    Options

Don't worry about the weighing until the end of the month. I am going to log my start weight, and then at the end of the challenge (September 2nd) we can see how everyone did!

This is my first time managing a challenge guys so bear with me, but I know it will be awesome! I have hit this plateau and I want to start losing weight like I had been! Anyone have a wicked awesome name...cause August challenge....kinda boring lol
  • promiseskept
    Options
    The August Burn? NOt wickedly creative ! haa haa!
  • MarieNevada
    Options
    Just a heads up, I tried this from weighing almost everyday, and that is when I gained my weight... I think I just kind of didn't push myself by not weighing enough.. I think from now on the least often would be once every other week.

I'll be doing my body fat percentage so as long as that goes down it'll be okay. it's overshadowing everything else. this month i want to really focus on pushing myself harder in the gym.
  • MarieNevada
    Options
    okay so my start weight this morning was 249 lbs. on thursday my weight was 243 lbs. it could be some waterweight, had some wickedly salty nachos on saturday, but mostly it was the many many king size chocolate bars. so i guess my starting weight is 249, by body fat percentage this morning was 51.9%
  • Bethabee_
    Options
    okay so my start weight this morning was 249 lbs. on thursday my weight was 243 lbs. it could be some waterweight, had some wickedly salty nachos on saturday, but mostly it was the many many king size chocolate bars. so i guess my starting weight is 249, by body fat percentage this morning was 51.9%
    How do you find your body fat %
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    So for the life of me I can't figure out how to do a graph (I went to art school...the last time I had to do anything remotely mathematical was in math in high school...)

Anyone have any tips on how to do the graph, if not, it's going to be hand done and scanned in at the end of the challenge so everyone can see results...unless that is okay with everyone then I can do that! Just make sure I can get all of your weights tomorrow morning and I will track every Tuesday until September 6th (I know it's past the 2nd, but that gives us from august to september cleanly.)

Does this work for everyone?
  • MarieNevada
    Options
    How do you find your body fat %

I go to this site. body fat percentage based on measurements is fairly inaccurate but you can still chart a trend. the most accurate method (other than the dunk test) is to have someone experienced measure you with the calipers. that'll be my treat at the end of august if i complete my challenge without failing.

http://exercise.about.com/library/blbodyfatcalculator.htm
  • MarieNevada
    Options
    So for the life of me I can't figure out how to do a graph (I went to art school...the last time I had to do anything remotely mathematical was in math in high school...)

Anyone have any tips on how to do the graph, if not, it's going to be hand done and scanned in at the end of the challenge so everyone can see results...unless that is okay with everyone then I can do that! Just make sure I can get all of your weights tomorrow morning and I will track every Tuesday until September 6th (I know it's past the 2nd, but that gives us from august to september cleanly.)

Does this work for everyone?

sounds good to me. i studied literature so no graphs there either. lol
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    Alright.....How about the August 10 Pound Punch!!!

Tomorrow I need you guys to all send me your starting weight and we will then continue to log in every Tuesday morning. I will be making an old fashioned grid by hand of everyones progress. Look on my profile every morning for the daily challenge that we will take on together!

Any other questions feel free to message me...and let the pounds start dropping!!!
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    I was just thinking of posting similar challenge and u beat me to it...so I luv to join. This will give me motivation to do which has been an issue with me lately.

Thanks
    Nina
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've only done one challenge in the past (do 100 push-ups), and so am pretty new to this. I really need to get rid of 10 pounds by the end of August! Weight's stalled for a while...
  • mistylee0104
    mistylee0104 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group! My start weight is 166.4 (been sitting at this wgt for 3 weeks...ugh!). Good Luck everyone!