OK I'm confused..

Options
If my total carbs are in the minus, say -247 is that bad or good? I've never tried this diet thingy so I'm in the dark. Any help is much appreciated.

Replies

• MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Generally you want to stay out of the red. Green means good. Red means "bad", according to your settings anyway. If you're going over your carbs by that much you might need to take a look at your food diary and see if you're eating too much refined sugar, breads, noodles or rice rather than fruits and veggies which are the better option for carbs. If you want to you can take a look at my diary :bigsmile:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would say the Hamburger Helper killed it for you in the carbs. :laugh: Read the nutrition info on the box before you eat, especially the small print. The servings are usually less than what they look like. It's better to eat fresh or homemade meals, you can control how much sodium, calories and carbs you want.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Go into your settings and see what FP has your carb goal as. I have mine set at 40% just because what it had me as was too much. If you were over in your carbs you might want to start watching some of the things you eat. The good carbs are okay such as fruits, veggies, whole grains, and beans. But the refined carbs like white bread, white rice, French fries are not. Maybe just start being more aware of those things and you should be a okay!! However try to stay with your allowance for the day. We still need carbs, just the good ones!! Good luck and best wishes! :)