Bowflex- burning calories?

Options
Hello! I have been using my Bowflex for about 15 minutes a day, doing various arm/leg exercises. Can anyone give me an idea of how many calories I might be burning?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Replies

• mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't have a number for you but unfortunately it's not much. That said, you should keep using the Bowflex because it will build muscle over time which will in turn help burn more fat.
  • Kmart4910
    Options
    That's sort of what I figured. I know it wouldn't be much, but really... I'm more hoping to tone and build up a *little* muscle. :) Thanks for the reply!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When you don't use a Heart Rate Monitor, add it as Strength Training in cardio.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    I would use the internet. I run into the same issues when I workout with my DVDs. I usually just do a google search. Hope this helps.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

This is what I've been doing.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

This is what I've been doing.

Be careful when doing this. I was doing this until I bought a HRM and the calories the MFP said I burned was way over. If you continue to track them on MFP I would not eat them back. I don't even count the calories I burn when weight lifting anymore. It isn't enough, but weights are very important as they build muscle which will burn more fat in the long run.