1/2 marathon training anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm running my second half on Sunday (first one was a month ago). Then it's definitely time for a rest and just short races (5-10k) as I'm developing some injuries that I want to get resolved!
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I'm training for my first 10k in November. I did my first 5k last year and then I have another 5k on 9/11/11. My goal next year is to do the Philadelphia Rock N Roll Half Marathon.
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am running my first half marathon (Rock and Roll Half in Providence RI) this Sunday! Soo excited! never thought I could run over 10 miles..but you get into the zone!! good for you, you'll do great!!
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you're wondering..this is me sitting in an ice bath (torturous,:sad: but totally worked!) for the first time! Tore up my calves after a 12.7 mile hilly run last week, so this week tried this after my long run on Sunday..felt AMAZING on Monday!! So if you dare...try it!!! :wink:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to "officially" start training for my 2nd half marathon (San Antonio Rock N Roll) on 11/13/11. My first half was the Dallas RNR on March 27th.

I am *hoping* to do the Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon at Disneyland at the end on January with my mom and sister. I say hopefully because my sister has been having some health issues (she's younger than me but a Tinker Bell nut ;-)

I'm trying to learn as much as possible and hope to be better prepared this time around.

Good luck to everyone!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half on September 18th! I'm slightly terrified.. seeing as just in MAY I started the c25k program, and now I'm doing a half in September. I am doing the Hal Higdon training plan, and just ran 5 miles for the first time ever on Sunday.
    This is crraazzzyyyyy!
    Good luck to all of you! :)