Trouble with calories

Options
Does anyone else have trouble getting enough calories? Most days I feel like I am satisfied and don't feel like I need to eat more but I haven't met my calorie goal. I've heard people say that you need to eat your calories or your body will go into "starvation mode". Am I doing myself a disservice by NOT eating all the calories?

Just wondering.

Replies

• 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There are oodles and oodles of posts on why you should eat you goal calories, and eat your exercise calories, but basically, it will give you more energy and keep your body in a healthier state. Your food diary is private so I can't look at what you're eating, but try it for a week and see how you feel. There are calorie-dense foods like peanut butter and meal replacement shakes that can give you calories without a lot of volume, so therefore not 'stuffing' you.

Good luck!
  • veggiepug
    Options
    There are oodles and oodles of posts on why you should eat you goal calories, and eat your exercise calories, but basically, it will give you more energy and keep your body in a healthier state. Your food diary is private so I can't look at what you're eating, but try it for a week and see how you feel. There are calorie-dense foods like peanut butter and meal replacement shakes that can give you calories without a lot of volume, so therefore not 'stuffing' you.

Good luck!

I second the calorie dense foods idea. Nuts, juice, milk (I looove Silk chocolate soy milk), avocado, cheese, etc will give you more calories without filling you up as much.
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Why should you eat the exercise calories as well?
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I have an issue with having TONS of extra calories but not enough sugar or protein and there isn't many options that are just calories.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Why should you eat the exercise calories as well?

Because MFP builds in the deficit you need, you don't need to create one with exercise.
  • slaykw515
    Options
    I think If you're close to your calorie goal you'll be fine. If you're body is telling you that it's full and that it doesn't need anything else then there's no reason to push it. As long as you're in a close range of your goal, and you feel good your body won't 'go into starvation mode'. I know it's weird getting adivce from your younger sister, but I asked mom about it first. haha. She says to just listen to your body.