A picture is worth 1,000 words

Options
Hey y'all,

My name is Ashley, I am a 25 year old momma of 3 boys. My oldest is 4, youngest just turned a year around Halloween. I know I am no where close to where I used to be in High School...and realistically, I don't EXPECT to be...BUT, I never expected to see what I did when we got the pictures back from B's 1st birthday party! I was so embarrassed by the pictures, that any photos where there was a hint of me in there, I hid them. That's really a shame.

I have a goal of losing 40 lbs...Ideally by My anniversary in May (Hubby and I are going on a romantic and MUCH needed getaway)...But even to get half way there by then, I will be happy. So...26 weeks to lose 40 lbs...that 1.5 lbs per week, it's absolutely doable. Or at least, I'd like to think so.

Anyway...just wanted to put in writing my intentions...and hopefull give y'all a little insight into the "newbie" on the sight. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

xoxo

Replies

• Hey y'all,

My name is Ashley, I am a 25 year old momma of 3 boys. My oldest is 4, youngest just turned a year around Halloween. I know I am no where close to where I used to be in High School...and realistically, I don't EXPECT to be...BUT, I never expected to see what I did when we got the pictures back from B's 1st birthday party! I was so embarrassed by the pictures, that any photos where there was a hint of me in there, I hid them. That's really a shame.

I have a goal of losing 40 lbs...Ideally by My anniversary in May (Hubby and I are going on a romantic and MUCH needed getaway)...But even to get half way there by then, I will be happy. So...26 weeks to lose 40 lbs...that 1.5 lbs per week, it's absolutely doable. Or at least, I'd like to think so.

Anyway...just wanted to put in writing my intentions...and hopefull give y'all a little insight into the "newbie" on the sight. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

xoxo
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

xoxo

Hi Ashley--

You can do this-- slow and steady wins the race-- that's a great goal, and most definitely doable.

signs087.gif
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    great support here, logging my calories helps me. I would also read any information for newbies as it discusses alot of items you maybe thinking about.

You can do this, good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1.5 per week should not be too tuff...though its not easy losing dat much every week.But again somtyms we end up losing more dan dat too...

Good Luck to u...start off by loggin ur daily food on MFP, Its a great help...Very soon u'll get an idea of d statistics n can calculate in ur mind whether o not u can afford 2 eat those calories..

Seriously, MFP is a great n right place to be!!

All d Best to ya... :flowerforyou:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Welcome! :tongue:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! You can do this! The site is designed well & will be of great assistance to you! Welcome to the boards!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    great support here, logging my calories helps me. I would also read any information for newbies as it discusses alot of items you maybe thinking about.

You can do this, good luck!!! :flowerforyou:

Yup, I second all of the above advice! It REALLY does help to log all your foods, especially BEFORE you go and have them! Also, drink lots of water too.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! You should be able to reach your goals here, no problem. Good luck to you on your new journey to a healthier you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    000200D6.gif

You can SOOOOO do this!!

Please keep taking pictures of yourself, even if you are not comfortable. Your children will want pictures of you later, and YOU will want them also. I swear! I am 47 and have 10 years with pix of everyone but me. I cant take it back now, but saw a shot a neighbor had and I was not NEARLY as bad as I saw myself.

We are beautiful, at this weight and at our goal weight. We are just a bit healthier!!

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • figure006
    Options
    Hey y'all,

xoxo
  • figure006
    Options
    Ashley, Your pain comes through loud and clear to me. I am new to this forum as well, but I am not new to losing weight. Years ago, I too , saw pictures of myself on a family vacation. What I saw shocked me. I cried and cried. I just couldn't believe that the person in those photos was me. I realized that crying wasn't going to change anything, so I began dieting and training in earnest. Total dedication. I lost 83 lbs in 2 years. Was it hard? YES. Was it tiring? YES Was is frustrating? YES
    But I kept those pictures in an envelope where I could pull them out when I needed motivation. One glance at them was usually all it took. 4 years later, I still have the pictures.
    I have gained back 40 of those pounds.(Even after promising myself I never would gain any back)
    I looked at the pictures the other day, and admitted that I need to lose this 40 lbs, NOW, BEFORE I look like that again.
    So save those pictures and use them to your advantage. One day you will look back at them and be very proud of what you have accomplished. If I can do it at 48, you can do it at 25.
    Be diligent, but be smart about it.