Dropping by to say "Hi"

Options
Hello,

My name is Lina, I'm 33 and live in the New Orleans area. For most of my life, I was skinny and able to eat whatever I wanted without any consequences. Fast forward to 2000 when my husband and I married, this was my downfall because he and I both got comfortable. I got so comfortable that I gained roughly 40lbs.
In the almost 11 years of our marriage(plus 1 very tiring child), I have lost some weight only to gain it back. I tend to stay around the 160lb area. Being 5'3", you can tell I'm overweight. Well, all the good eating, and being comfortable have finally caught up to me when I visited the doctor for a long overdue physical.
My cholesterol is 197, I have a slightly abnormal EKG and a vitamin D deficiency. I knew the news wasn't going to be great but I wasn't expecting all that! Now that I got slapped in the face with my harsh reality I have decided - - no, that's really wrong, I HAVE to do something about my weight and health. It's not about looking good anymore. It's about being healthy enough to watch my child grow up, and to enjoy life with my husband.
I'm on day 4 of what I call "Lina's harsh reality", but it's not so bad. Saturday was the worst with what I call the "junk food detox," when I literally felt like the life was being sucked out of me from going through junkfood withdrawls. I'm much better today and whenever I get a need for something fatty or unhealthy I tell myself, "do you really want that statisfaction for a few seconds that's going to add to your problem, or would you rather eat something healthy in it's place?" Even though I so desperately want the bad food, I choose the right path because I know the results will begin to show soon and I will not only feel better physically but I will soon feel better about myself.
So I just wanted to drop in on this forum and say hello, and also to extend a friendship offer to anyone who feels they are in the same boat as the former skinny girl (hopefully future skinny/healthy girl).

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I wish you all the best of luck in your weight loss goals.

Replies

• kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    you can do it! feel free to add me for support!
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    Welcome and we look forward to your continued loss of weight. You will find that the folks here are great and are willing to help, encourage and challenged. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You can do it no doubt. We here have and are doing it and we have a the moral support you will need. Add me if you like.
  • blowmeaway
    Options
    I had a health scare as well and I totally understand. I'm a junk food and drive thru junky and it's taking me a while to train my brain. Please add me if you'd like. I'd love to cheer you on!