do i look better or worse?

I have managed to lose 85 lbs. it took a while but i did it. now i have all this stretched out skin and i cant tell if i look better or worse. in a way i feel like i have lost this battle because when i look in the mirror i still don't like what i see. i have been trying to pull off the last 20 lbs but every time i drop 5 lbs the loose skin looks dramatically worse and i get depressed and turn back to my old friend, Food. How do i get out of this seemingly never ending cycle.

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Are you trying weight training in addition to running? I really feel it can make a difference in the shape of a persons body and help make the skin tighter.
  • I think you look amazing and you should be proud of every single step that got you where you are today, after all its your health that really matters.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Hunny, you are beautiful. You have come so far, 85 pounds is a AMAZING accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself. You know what all the stretch marks and loose skin are? Battle wounds. You fought obesity and you won that battle. Your skin will tighten up quite a bit in the next year or so if you keep up with everything. Saggy skin is no excuse to feel bad about yourself. Im sure when you look at yourself in the mirror you have to see how beautiful you look now and how much better you feel. You dont ever want to go back to where you were before right???? Just give your skin some time to tighten up. It will quite a bit, it just takes time. <3
  • MasterXelcas
    MasterXelcas Posts: 130 Member
    I dont think you should be down on yourself at all :) and 85 lbs lost is very impressive. If you dont mind my saying I think you look great :D keep doing what youre doing and do some weight training, itll help that loose skin problem you have
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    I can't tell if you look better or worse because I don't see before or after shots, but you look great in your profile picture! I know it's hard, but try to focus on all the things you're also doing for your body (and your mind, etc) by being a healthier person.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Well, I haven't seen your before pics but I can tell you that you pretty darn good! :wink: You've done a great job, 85lbs - WOW! That skin will bounce back, just keep doing what you are doing. Plus, besides looking great, you must feel really good too. Again, congrats to you! You should be VERY proud of yourself!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    you look great first of all.....but i agree with the person that said to add weight training.....it will tighten things up and make that skin look better....youll be amazed at how your body will change...ive been doing weights for almost 3 months now and i can tel a difference in my body.....and my strength has improved as well of course.....best of luck to you, and be proud of what you've done......you deserve it