Something great happpened

pjlm88
pjlm88 Posts: 9
edited 3:49PM in Introduce Yourself
Hi All, OK - I have intended to be here pretty anonymously, and probably will continue to do so. I've been struggling with my weight and I'm on my own quiet journey. Fine. I got on this site because I had been trying to track my own macronutrients on an excel spreadsheet and I just cannot do it - I'm re-inventing a complicated wheel. The app was suggested by Bon Appetit magazine...it caught my eye and here I am.

Here's what I didn't expect: journaling my food on this site would solve my night-time eating problem.

I'm 2 weeks in. Tonight my house is full of yummy food that I would, two weeks ago, want to eat. I would pretend that I was hungry, or I would pretend that the calories wouldn't matter. Well, 10 pounds gained in 6 months shows that those calories count very much. But I couldn't control myself. My brain knew I shouldn't eat, my intentions were great...but I continued the habit.

Here's what surprises me: once I enter that I'm done eating for the day, and the site says: Pjlm88 is done!! - I just don't feel like eating. I look at the food, and...nothing. No desire, no fake hunger pangs, nothing. Except - the food doesn't sound good. I feel full. Yay!

I lost 2 pounds last week. I'm not eating at night. It's easy to track my calories here. Well, I can't be quiet. I have to say how grateful I am. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Replies

• Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 105 Member
    I hadn't realized it before I read your post, but the same thing has happened to me. I used to have huge cravings late at night, which I met with really, really unhealthy food. Since I started MFP, I just don't get cravings after posting that I'm done for the day.
  • Great to hear the site is working for you! Keep up the good work :)
This discussion has been closed.