Team question...

Options
I'm new to the forums, and I haven't found any information on how teams are formed or how to join them. I've read many topics in which there are people asking how to join or if it's to late to join, and I haven't seen any helpful answers, or answers at all for that matter.

So I figure, instead of hijacking a 'team's' topic I'll ask the questiong here. How do the teams work and how do you join them? I've seen a couple of teams that I would most likely fit into and be successful with, howver, no information on how to join. I also didn't want to send private messages to team captains as I figure their inboxes are probably jam packed with thier already formed team related questions and such.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-christy.

Replies

• Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing. I work all day and I don't have time to see postings until it has been closed.
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    I have a new challenge starting tomorrow if you guys want to join! Most teams are just formed for fun. Feel free to add me and check out the challenge!

Good luck on your journeys and would love to have you guys join on!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    There are challenges and there are groups that are formed. Either can be open or closed. I think that certain challenges involve enough people that they form teams that compete against each other. If they don't say they are closed, I would just post on it and see/ask. Usually teams are formed at the beginning of a challenge and may be closed. Sometimes closed groups or challenges open up if they lose a member. I am in a C25K group that stays open and people who are doing that program have been joining all along. Best wishes finding a group that fits. I joined a group when I first came on MFP and that is how I made my first friends. There are definitely open groups and definitely challenges form especially early in a month.
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Quite often at the end of a month you will notice posts that say August challenge open. this is when you check out what the challenge is and if intersted you can add you name to the list. When the organiseer decides if there is enough people for their challenge it will become a closed group so that no more can join.

Somtimes there are weekly challenges that you are accountable to just yourself and may post in a forum and other times you are in a group and post to a team captain, depends on what you join. I am in a cahllenge this month that is a group challenge in which we are competing against 25 other teams of 21people in each team. Bit of extra motivation.

Goodluck and keep your eyes open especially on the support and motivation forum
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I don't ask - I just say "im joining" and it usually works.