What can I log my indo board as?

Hi,

I have an indo (balance) board and am spending about 30 mins on it everyday, working on my core muscles but doing stretches and hang ten, but I'm not sure what to log it as (I've been logging it as surfing so far!) Anyone have any idea?

Replies

• ndmckeown
    ndmckeown Posts: 30 Member
    I'm curious about that as well, I'm desperate to get an indoboard. I used one on a surfing holiday and it really does help your balance and the core muscles!

Not sure about logging it as surfing though, as most of the calories you burn doing that are from paddling out to the waves in the first place!
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    I place my Balance Ball exercises under the strength training.
  • peachlow
    oops hit enter too fast...so I guess you should be able to add your balance board exercises to your exercise database....

you could also include it in cardiovascular under strength training exercises and use a HRM with a calorie counter while exercising to help keep count of calories burned....

hope this helps...
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Thanks guys. Yeah true about the surfing, I'm thinking of getting a longboard to work a bit harder on it - I'm in a city so not too much surfing around :( Also, I only have a roller for my indo board at the mo, thinking of getting the cushion too as thats a slightly different workout.

Good idea to log it as balance ball, its working similar muscles I think. Don't have an HRM or calorie counter at the mo so will have to do some guesswork!
  • peachlow
    I use this website sometimes when I can't find it on MFP...there are other's also..
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I just received my HRM today..bought a cheap one from Wal-Mart website..I'll let u know how if it works okay or not...
  • jlmcmahan00
    jlmcmahan00 Posts: 1 Member
    I picked up an Indio board at goodwill for $7, and now I want to know how good a work out it is.