help

Options
I have just made the mistake of following some wonder diet drinking 4 protein shakes a day and eating raw veg Before a meal I wanted to increase my metabolism but guess what it didn't work each day I am gaining weight in 1 week I have gained 10lbs now I am totally depressed.

When I log my calories in the food chart and add my exercise I have bout 600 cals left over do I have to eat these (will I not lose weight if I don't) I used to do really well dieting but now I think my body wants to be fat but I can't except that and it is making me feel utterly miserable.

I will keep taking my green tea capsules but I thinks I will drop the protein shakes. I don't know I just feel useless why can't I just do this it has never been this hard before and I swear on my kids life I will never do it again (once I am skinny again) I HATE being this fat.

Please anyone with good advice please share.

THX
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    I have just made the mistake of following some wonder diet drinking 4 protein shakes a day and eating raw veg Before a meal I wanted to increase my metabolism but guess what it didn't work each day I am gaining weight in 1 week I have gained 10lbs now I am totally depressed.

When I log my calories in the food chart and add my exercise I have bout 600 cals left over do I have to eat these (will I not lose weight if I don't) I used to do really well dieting but now I think my body wants to be fat but I can't except that and it is making me feel utterly miserable.

I will keep taking my green tea capsules but I thinks I will drop the protein shakes. I don't know I just feel useless why can't I just do this it has never been this hard before and I swear on my kids life I will never do it again (once I am skinny again) I HATE being this fat.

Please anyone with good advice please share.

THX
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day?
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    OK….no response from you yet.
    Try this…..ditch the pills and the shakes. Go to the super market, buy some real food and tea bags. Make sure you eat at least 1200 calories every day. And remember you have to eat to lose. It sounds strange I know but it is the truth. Do that for a week and see what happens. There is no magic bullet and nothing beats good sound nutrition.
  • vicky1
    Options
    Hi

The food thingy tells me to eat 1398 and I get so many extra cals from exercise I usually eat around 1500 to 1800 but I do have cals left over.

Your advice is good I think I just need to follow a normal healthy diet why when I know this is good advice do I struggle to follow it. I think I just get so down I would try anything. I am going to try this from now on and I am also going to take my frustration out on my elliptical trainer.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me I really need to see a loss this week I don't think I could handle anything else ate the moment.

Thanks
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Hang in there hun you can do it. Keep me informed how you are doing.
    :flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    Options
    thx
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Not a problem at all. I am pulling for you. Always remember you are not alone. If you every need help just give out a shout. We are here for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OK….no response from you yet.
    Try this…..ditch the pills and the shakes. Go to the super market, buy some real food and tea bags. Make sure you eat at least 1200 calories every day. And remember you have to eat to lose. It sounds strange I know but it is the truth. Do that for a week and see what happens. There is no magic bullet and nothing beats good sound nutrition.

I don't think anyone can upgrade on this advice.

Also been a tumultuous couple of weeks. I've personally gained about 5 pounds and it's because I've been a little slack, not fad things, but I think we can both pull thru and get on track again. :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Food and exercise is the key. Plan your meals ahead of time so you can figure out you calorie intake each day. If you can not do that, google it. There are pre planed menus out there. I will even go and look for you.
    Your body needs food and 600 calories a day is not enough. Read the post I put up on 700 calories a day.
    Good luck to you, and we are all here for you!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Also don't forget muscle weighs for than fat. But muscle also helps burn fat. So if your exercising and not eating your full amount of calories, you will lose fat. I like to also use a tape measure to measure my progress along with the scale.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I agree to ditch the shakes and pills. Protein shakes are not always meant for loss, some types of protein help those beefy men at the gym get beefier. Easy is not always the best fix, you are going to have to prepare some food and exercise if you want to loose.