What are you currently reading? :)

Options

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I started reading a book called Afterlife today by Elle Jasper. I have read a page.
    However before that I was reading book 10 in the Morganville vampire series.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Federalist Papers and How To Argue With Idiots
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    King Lear - I read it every summer
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    James Rollins "Map of Bones"
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Temptation of the Night Jasmine...it's one of books in the series, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
    It's about espionage during the English/French Wars in the early 1800s, fiction of course
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    A Game of Thrones, I finally decided to check it out and got a sample sent to my Kindle and was hooked..wish I hadn't though because I don't have the money to spend on yet another series lol.
  • mkba05
    mkba05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :wink: "Weird - When Normal Isn't Working", by Craig Groeschel....

Love it!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start Shakespeare's history plays (starting w/ King John). I love Tudor history, and have read biograhpies of Henry VIII, Mary Queen of Scots, Henry VIII's wives and kids, as well as a couple of historical novels. Now to tackle Shakespeare (who I love - it just takes more "think" time. )

I could be reading online, but...well...MFP takes time too, and I would SO hate to neglect y'all... :wink:

I'm currently finishing Mario Puzo's The Godfather. Just finished Stephen King's Under the Dome. It *probably* would have been more impactful if I hadn't seen The Simpsons Movie first. :laugh: Plus, the ending was a tad disappointing in m opinion.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Facing the Giants by Eric Wilson.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Currently reading "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You: 101 Encouraging Stories about Dieting and Fitness" ... it's got some funny anecdotes in it. :)

I like those Chicken Soup for the Soul books. Kinda forgotten about them though. I'll have to check that one out. :smile:
  • mommared53
    Options
    Federalist Papers and How To Argue With Idiots

I think I have How to Argue With Idiots. Can't remember reading it yet though. I'll have to check my library at home and if I do I'll read it next.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
  • melissa1217
    melissa1217 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up A Reliable Wife...really good! Then onto some Nicolas Sparks book called The Rescue.
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    My Horizontal Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    The Bible - I only have time to read for a little bit a day and I like to spend it reading the most important book there is :)
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh man ~ I'm reading several. Linchpin by Seth Godin ~~ Quitter by Jon Acuff ~~ Wierd by Craig Groeshell ~~ Radical by David Platt ~~ and 48 Days to the Work you love by Dan Miller. And in my spare time . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My Horizontal Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna read her books. She's hysterical!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Just finishing up A Reliable Wife...really good! Then onto some Nicolas Sparks book called The Rescue.

The Rescue is a GREAT book by Sparks... Have you read The Guardian?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    “The Unhealthy Truth” by Robin O’Brien, since I just finished “In Defense of Food” by Michael Pollan. :) Love books about the food industry.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    “The Unhealthy Truth” by Robin O’Brien, since I just finished “In Defense of Food” by Michael Pollan. :) Love books about the food industry.

I should look into reading some of those books. I bet their interesting!