ONE WHOLE DAY WITHOUT COOKIE DOUGH

I'm so happy. But still I was craving it all day and have the biggest headache, not sure if it is from giving it up or not :/ I know that once I give this up the weight will pretty much slide off, but I am actually really addicted :/

Replies

• FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    RAW COOKIE DOUGH?! yuk!!!
  • Try to be careful though - the MINUTE you tell yourself you CAN'T have something, then it's all you want. And you may end up raiding your pantry eating everything else so that you DON'T eat the cookie dough and end up consuming MORE calories than if you had just had a BIT of the cookie dough. Don't beat yourself for eating what you like/love - just make sure to have enough to satisfy the craving and then MOVE ON!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    RAW COOKIE DOUGH?! yuk!!!

oh I wish....
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    See the problem, Dianaskin is that once I start eating cookie dough I can not stop until I end up eating at least half a thing which is just over half the calories a day. And I usually do this at least every other day. I may allow myself to have it every now and then but maybe chop it into little bite size pieces and giving it to my family and throwing the rest out might work if it's really really bad?
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    See the problem, Dianaskin is that once I start eating cookie dough I can not stop until I end up eating at least half a thing which is just over half the calories a day. And I usually do this at least every other day. I may allow myself to have it every now and then but maybe chop it into little bite size pieces and giving it to my family and throwing the rest out might work if it's really really bad?

Sometimes you just have to give something up completely. It's not good for you. It's chockfull of sugar and fat, the worst combo possible to eat. The headache you have is sugar withdrawal. It'll go away. Yes, it's tough, and yes, you'll have cravings sometimes but the cravings are mental not physical and you are strong enough to beat them. There is nothing about cookie dough that you need. Do you really want the cookie dough more than absolutely anything else in the world? Because that is what it comes down to. I was addicted to Diet Coke, up to a gallon or more a day. I tried and tried to quit but the addiction was too strong.

Then one day I just had enough. I quit drinking it, dealt with the most horrible withdrawals for a week and now I don't drink it anymore. Because Diet Coke was not the most important thing to me anymore. I still have cravings. When I walk into a store, the first thought in my head is to get a Diet Coke. But I don't. Not because I'm strong but because there are more important things. You can quit teh cookie dough. Don't buy it so it's not in the house. If your family insists on cookies give them other kind of cookies. Or make a healthy choice for them and don't give them cookies anymore. (I don't think having a little bit and giving the rest of this horribly bad food to your family is really a choice, is it? Why give your family the same stuff that you are so desperate to give up, the stuff that you know is part of the reason why you are fat. and yes I'm fat too so I only use that word as a fact not a judgment)

You are strong. You can and will give this up. I know you can do it. Don't enable yourself anymore. Just say that enough is enough and for once you're doing something for yourself. Because you are important and this is important to you.
  • RAW COOKIE DOUGH?! yuk!!!

Way to be supportive.

OP, it's hard when you're giving up anything, but especially sugary things. Don't think about tomorrow or next week, just take it one day at a time, or one meal at a time. You can do it!!!
  • I have this with reeses peanut butter cups. I bought a large bag of "small" reeses and it's only 44 calories a cup so I have one a day. If you really CAN'T go without it, maybe try buying the pillsbury mini cookies and have one of those mini pieces of cookie dough a day. Since it's pre-portioned out for you, it may make it easier to eat less. It does for me anyways!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    I would suggest you try and eat a little bit cleaner. The more unhealthy foods you eat the more you are going to want. Once you start adding more veggies and fruit, lean protein and complex carbs into your diet, those craving for sugar won't be as bad. Sometimes, you do have to give up something you love. Sounds like an addiction and when that happens you need to get rid of it. Seriously, the more sugar you eat the more you will want it.
    You also might want to try and eat every 3 hours too so you are having any crashes throughout the day. Not everybody can do that, but it helps keep your sugar levels steady.
    You can do whatever you put your mind to.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    I try to eat as clean as possible, I never crave any other foods anymore except for cookie dough. I used to eat maccas 3 times a day couple of months ago so I would say getting to where I am today I have made a lot of good choices. It's just this one food which is SOO hard for me to kick :/ But I will do it, I want the body I deserve.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    This cookie dough... Can you actually bake with it? Or is it just for eating as is?

Cause if you can, maybe you could make actual cookies with the rest? And then give most of them away to friends and family, or at work?
  • See the problem, Dianaskin is that once I start eating cookie dough I can not stop until I end up eating at least half a thing which is just over half the calories a day. And I usually do this at least every other day. I may allow myself to have it every now and then but maybe chop it into little bite size pieces and giving it to my family and throwing the rest out might work if it's really really bad?

My worry is more to do with what are you putting in your mouth INSTEAD of the cookie dough? If you honestly can't stop at one or two bites then definitely get rid of it outright! But you have to ask yourself if that's something you are willing to do for the rest of your life and if it's something that will make you HAPPY. If you are not going to be happy then LONG TERM you will not stick with the plan.

MY "COOKIE DOUGH" IS NUTELLA! I can't have that stuff at home because I'll eat the whole jar in one sitting. BUT I also know that I can't NEVER have it again. I have realized that my weakness is mainly when I'm at home and at night. That's when I'll binge on it. So that's why I don't have any at home. However, I keep a jar at work. I "allow" myself 1-2 TBSP (100-200 calories) when I REALLY need it and no more than once a week. So far, I've been happy with that little "compromise" and have stuck to the plan. I don't feel like I've given up something I love and I don't feel deprived. BUT that's what works for me. You have to find out what works for you.