Chances of finding happiness? Slim or none? Must get slim

Options
Still trying to lose 25 lbs of baby weight plus an additional 20 pounds of extra weight ... I love food too much. I think about what I'm going to eat all day when I wake up and wish I could have Chipotle all day long. Just bought an appetite suppressant so hopefully that helps.

I eat a horrible diet of mostly pizza and Chipotle ... I've noticed I feel so tired and miserable and it has got to to do with the crap I eat. My fiance and high school sweetheart recently left our son and I. It made me realize if I don't lose the weight and get back to my prime then nobody will ever want to be with me again. This is depressing in itself, that people are that shallow. But I guess I am too. SO here's to losing the weight and getting my life back :(

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

Replies

• FallonMCal
    Options
    How old is your baby?
    It takes time. I have two toddlers, a two year old and a three year old.
    They change your body, they change your hormone levels, and they change the amount of time you have to take for yourself.

If those are your weak foods then allow yourself to have them, just not all the time. Limit yourself. Look up the calorie count of the entire menu and try to make healthier choices.
    What appeals to you the most about their menu? Is it the taste or the ease?

Think of things you really like that you can cook yourself. Write down those meals and then set those meals for certain days during the week. Buy the ingredients. When you are thinking about the pizza just remind yourself what a waste of money it would be since you already made a plan for that day.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey, first, congrats on starting to get healthier. Second, not everyone is that shallow. And third, you're georgeous, so while I hate to disagree with you in your very first post, I think the odds are a very long way from slim to none. ;-)

Good luck, and if you ever need anything feel free to ask :-)
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    I'm to am having trouble with what I eat as I love pizza, I also love just about everything that I shouldn't be eating. lol You are beautiful, just take that and build on it. We can do this, I've been on here a couple weeks and it's really helped me. This site is great, it has wonderful members that will help you to stay motivated. Good luck and remember, we didn't get this way over night so it takes time. Don't give up and if you need a friend for a little extra support you can add me.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow you really let your heart out on this post. Let say just from experience. Weight loss will make you happy but only temporarily. You have to find a reason for yourself as to why you want to lose weight, if you do it thinking, hoping and wishing to get a man or women for that matter you will not be able to stick with it. So my advice to you THINK OF YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILD AND DO IT FOR YOU AND DO IT FOR THAT BABY. Mother of 4 myself, my kids are the reason i get up and the reason why i work hard everyday for the past year to be healthier and to love myself. You can do it,but it has to be for the RIGHT reason. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS! JoAnn73
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi love,

Sorry to hear about your situation however, here's some advice for you.

You need to work out what you want out of life....someone's actions putting a smile on your face, or you going out there and accomplishing the things that are going to make you happy deep down.

As for your family situation, there's you and your son. You gotta work out what your priorities are and why...then, makie the necessary changes. Never make your happiness reliant upon someone else's love or actions. You (and your son) need to be your priority from this day forward and since you're a mother, I would imagine you're going to have to jiggle a few things when you can work out (if you feel motivated enough to get fit) as well as taking note of what you're eating and drinking.

My advice would be for you to try and squeeze 30 mins a day into your daily routine, whether it's going for a walk withyour son or digging out an exercise dvd (if money is an issue). If not, go to the gym and try different classes. Talk to the trainers and get the support you need. Set your weightloss to 1lb a week and make sure you eat your daily calories and any other calories you burn through exercise.

I think this is a good opportunity for you to re-evaluate your life, what you want to do and more importantly, what brings you joy and happiness.

Aim for 10 glasses of water a day - remember this can come from tea, coffee and diet drinks too.

Think about your meals, have the foods that will put a smile on your face as this needs to be a lifestyle change, not a "diet".

Hope this has helped flower!

If you want to add me, feel free!

And....keep on smiling chica!!

Sarah :)
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow you really let your heart out on this post. Let say just from experience. Weight loss will make you happy but only temporarily. You have to find a reason for yourself as to why you want to lose weight, if you do it thinking, hoping and wishing to get a man or women for that matter you will not be able to stick with it. So my advice to you THINK OF YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILD AND DO IT FOR YOU AND DO IT FOR THAT BABY. Mother of 4 myself, my kids are the reason i get up and the reason why i work hard everyday for the past year to be healthier and to love myself. You can do it,but it has to be for the RIGHT reason. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS! JoAnn73

Ditto...ditto...ditto....:smile:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Oh honey. :flowerforyou: Do not let yourself think that he left because of your weight. You are a beautiful lady and have an adorable son. He was just not mature enough to be the father your baby needs. 5 years ago, my husband left me when I was pregnant with our fourth child. I was a miserable wreck. Slowly, however, I began to realize that I am much better off without him. I went back to school, got a degree, and just got offered a wonderful job that I start next week. And of course, I started my weight loss journey. Still have a long way to go. I am not saying it was easy...it has been really tough. You are this beautiful flower that has been kept in a dark basement...now you can have some sunlight and grow...to show how strong and resilient you are. Time to show what you are made of.

I am happy that you have chosen to live a healthy lifestyle. But do it for you and your son. You will find that your lives will be better in so many ways. Advice...take the slow path. You find out so much about your relationship with food and so much about yourself if you take that 1 pound loss per week.

Hang tough, my dear. In my opinion, the best revenge...is living well. :smile:

I like this quote:
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead, Harry. Sooner or later, we must all make the choice between what is right...and what is easy." ~~~~Albus Dumbledore
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It took me lots of years of heartache and binge eating to finally realise being slim was not the key to happiness....and then finally the weight / binge eating eased off. I also bagged a boyfriend at the being of my journey as well. It's not slim that is sexy, it's body confidence / acceptance.

Find confidence in yourself and rock whatever body you have and everything else will fall into place. It makes me so sad that people equate happiness to body image, but that is what society drills into us and it isn't healthy.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Marietard
    Options
    Wow I didn't even know this site / app had a forum until the other day ... and it's really great how supportive everyone is! Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. This is what I needed to keep my motivation today and really start working on me :)