Support from others

Options
How do you deal with someone who isn't very supportive in your weight loss? The guy that I've been seeing for about 7 years is supportive sometimes. He takes me to the gym, walks with me, tells me I look good. Then brings home Death By Chocolate cake from his work!!!!! NO I DIDN'T and I WONT EAT IT! I asked him two days ago not to do these types if things that I'm trying my best to change those bad eating habits. 

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I don't think he is sabotagging you but I think he just finds comfort in that food like you used to---showing him you are strong is a great thing. Maybe one day he can be equally as strong. Otherwise, sounds like you have a good man there.
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank him for the thought, heck if it's a good day even take a fork full of it and then put it right in trash. My husband stop bringing in junk when he realized after a serving I would throw it away. Sorry kids in Africa, but this is about MY health.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Your actions are the only ones you can control.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Before my husband and I starting attending the same gym regularly again.. we had a similar issue. He works at McDonald's and used to bring home surprises for me. It was super sweet but I had to ask him to stop too. Hopefully you did it in such a way that his feelings weren't hurt. He loves you!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Many years ago when I was married, my husband would complain about me being over weight. So I would decide to diet for him. Then he would go to the grocery store and buy about 9 boxes of Little Debbies and bring them home knowing that I could not resist them. Then a few years after that he divorced me (about 85% of the reason was because I was over weight)
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was very nice about it. He is a very tall and slim man he has NEVER had weight issues w himself or in his family. I know he has the best of intentions :) I guess it has been bothering me bc I just explained to him a few days ago NOT to do this. He could have brought me home some shrimp and spots lol

As for wasting food and throwing it out I feel so guilty. The cake is still in the fridge. HAUNTING me as you can tell. I'm not even a big fan of chocolate. My sister is dropping my niece off soon. Yesterday was her birthday, so I'm going to let her and my son split it after lunch.