Mini Success still more to go!

Options
kls79
kls79 Posts: 34 Member
I was always a skinny person, bikinis, short shorts, tank tops....THEN I GOT SICK :( I was losing my hair, I was hallucinating, my eyes were changing...I went to the doctors and I was told I had Hyperthyroidism, something called Graves Disease. I was only 18. They radiated my thyroid not once but TWICE!  I started to gain weight,  I weighed about 163. When I was 20, I was in a really really bad accident. The driver rolled his jeep 3 times. I didn't leave my house for a whole year after that. Met a friend of my brothers (very touchy subject) I ended up PG  had a baby,  lost most of the weight. Shortly after the birth of my son I was diagnosed w rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 22. It was devastating to find out I would be in pain the rest of my life. 
  Then I started dating a  old friend.  When I started dating him I was about 167 lbs and everyone told me he was going to plump me up bc he had a past of liking "bigger" women. Well 2 years after that I was about 230 lbs!! That was my starting weight the first time I tried this weight loss thing....I went down to about 210 then all the way down to about 179.  Well when my gram died in 2008, I gained my weight back.........FAST FORWARD to age 30. I was about 206 and once again started to eat better and exercise. I joined Curves, enrolled at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh for Photography. Life was good...then ONCE AGAIN, I was in a horrible accident coming home from GA. The driver of the car fell asleep and rolled the car 4 times. So my gym time was taken away (doctors orders) I was badly bruised! This happened in April 2010 and I STILL have a painful hematoma in my left breast. I returned back to the gym Jan of this year.    So here I am now bouncing between 180-184 lbs fighting thru the daily pains of RA and Fibromyalgia and a handful of other health issues.  All while raising my son on my own. I have great friends and have found support on Facebook and here at MFP. I'm trying my best and really that's all I can do.

Replies

• ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Look at how strong you are! You can do this!
  • freddoholic
    freddoholic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are such an amazing inspiration - you are overcoming so many experiences and have got right on back up again after so many blows. You can do it!! Well done so far and you are going to make your goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!