25 To Life November

Options
Hi everyone...

I just wanted to start a fresh thread for the 25 to lifers out there, as well as anyone else who might want to get in on the thread..

we are a group of girls (and guys) who just wanna support each other, so chime in!!

as for me...i finally got my wedding dress!

3a-1.jpg
5a-1.jpg
6a-1.jpg
4b-1.jpg

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...

I just wanted to start a fresh thread for the 25 to lifers out there, as well as anyone else who might want to get in on the thread..

we are a group of girls (and guys) who just wanna support each other, so chime in!!

as for me...i finally got my wedding dress!

3a-1.jpg
    5a-1.jpg
    6a-1.jpg
    4b-1.jpg
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrads on your dress. It looks great on you! I also love your hair.... YOU ROCK!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Wow! Its beautiful! Congrats! Thats so awesome!! You look great!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    thank you so muich Purdy Mommy!

I think you would like our 25 to life group. I am trying to get some more people in here for support, so hopefully we will get some more posts of folks who wanna inspire each other!

Glad to 'meet' you!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    hey carrie! thank you so much! I hope you are doin good!
  • PurdyMommy
    Options
    What is the 25 to life group?

Age 25 and up?
    25 pounds to lose for life?

Let me know I may join?
  • PurdyMommy
    Options
    You look like an old friend of mine Carmen.. Your name isnt carmen is it?
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am in I need all the support I can get.

Youlook beautiful in your dress.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Yes please join!

it is basically a group of folks who have approx 25 pounds or so to lose, but of course you are more than welcome to be in the group if you have more or less than that to lose!

I started with 20 lbs to lose and are down to the last 5-10!!
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Yay for you thats awesome. When are you getting married?
    I lost 12 before I got married and wish I could have kept it off.
  • PurdyMommy
    Options
    Thansk.. I have 40 to lose actually! but Id love to keep up with you all... So any tips for me to get over my 1/2 way point... Im stuck at 193 when I started out at 234. I wanna be 150. I been drinking 100+oz of water daily, Eating 3 meals a day and a snack or 2. I consume 1700 or less calories depending on the day and my mood. I was doing 350 crunches and jump and jacks daily with 100+wall pushups and squats. This week Im trying out some workout DVD's. I WANNA SEE THE 180's SO BAD!
  • mbb8682
    Options
    PurdyMommy

Good luck I have been doing jillian Michaels book of food and it is hard but if you want it bad enough you can do it. I walk 45 min a day with my dog so he pulls me the most of the time.

You will get there.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    our date is April 18th! I am at 155 from 170 and would like to be to 150 or so before the wedding. I know five pounds doent seem like that much, but i have pretty much been at a plateau for 3 months!

What i have found that works for me is Zumba! it is a latin dance aerobics class that actualy holds my attention so much that i HATE missing class! There are videos for it too, and i have to say, it has changed my life! Some days i burn up to 900 calories in class, and then i HAVE to eat my exercise calories back so that i am not in too big of a deficit!

the most important advice i can give you is that dieting works, but it dosent continue to work unless you get ACTIVE somehow some way! Its hard but its the only way to bring that metabolism up!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thansk.. I have 40 to lose actually! but Id love to keep up with you all... So any tips for me to get over my 1/2 way point... Im stuck at 193 when I started out at 234. I wanna be 150. I been drinking 100+oz of water daily, Eating 3 meals a day and a snack or 2. I consume 1700 or less calories depending on the day and my mood. I was doing 350 crunches and jump and jacks daily with 100+wall pushups and squats. This week Im trying out some workout DVD's. I WANNA SEE THE 180's SO BAD!

We have the same goal and this group of people are the greatest for support. I am at my half way point have 37 more to go to get to 150.

thanks for starting the new thread Em. do you have the link I cant see the pictures.

Welcome all . :drinker:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I found the new thread! <waves at all the new faces> Emily, you look beautiful in your dress - I love it! I tried mine on over the weekend for the first time since my wedding day - it actually fits slightly better now than it did then!

Still battling a cold :frown: so I am taking it easy this week. PurdyMommy, don't get discouraged - you are doing great! Plateaus are frustrating but they happen to all of us. Take care, everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    ahhhhhh very nice EM you look great :drinker:

I hope your cold goes away soon cp. :flowerforyou:

Doing good here, fitting in little walks coming and going to jobs, will just have to keep my calories lower with out all the exercise I was doing.

Welcome to anyone who has joined us. I check in most days. Have a great day everyone.:bigsmile:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Very long week end. Worked 2nd job and tax classes. The evil scale says I gained 4 pounds :sad: but it has to be water weight. Did not eat that bad over the week end. Well the Holiday is coming up and this is an easy week for me 3 day work week we get Thursday and Friday off. My last tax class is Saturday. Hope everyone is doing well. :drinker: Have a great day. :bigsmile:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Hi everyone sorry I have not checked in things have been very hectic. Hope everyone is doing well. Have not lost any but no gain. I will try to check in daily again. :bigsmile: Keep in touch :happy:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I think we're all in the same boat, Sindy! I have been SOOOO busy lately, I just have not had any time to check in. I really shouldn't even be here right now! I hope you all are doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Very busy still.

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Holiday. :drinker: :drinker: