Can you lose weight on 30DS?

Options
I just started an August challenge of 30DS. I am also running 3x/week. I have lost 25 lbs of the 84 I need to lose, so I am still in the weight loss process. I am eating at a deficit, typically netting around 1400 calories per day after exercise.

From everything I hear, you lose inches on JM 30DS, not weight, and so now I am worried about my weight loss plateauing here this month while I do this program. But then I have also seen that you can't lose fat and build muscle simultaneously.

So I am wondering, for anyone who has done 30DS during the weight loss part of your journey, did you still lose weight while doing 30DS?

Replies

• melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yes you can loose weight! See links below for my results using the shred
  • FallonMCal
    Options
    Muscle will help you lose weight in the long run. You may see your loss slow some, but once your body acclimates I think you will see your weight drop a little faster if you stick to healthy eating and maintaining your calorie deficit.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    yes. It'll be slow at first though. I think *most* people that I've seen talk about it here lose 5-10lbs over the course of the month. I lost 8, while running every day too.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 15 pounds total doing it and and several inches. But my starting weight was only 148. I guess it depends on your size the effort you put in. PLUS losing inches and gaining muscle mass is way more important then your weight. The more muscle mass you have the leaner you will look. No matter the number on the scale. SO take measurements and see where you end up.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight but mostly inches while I did the 30DS. In level 3, I increase my calorie intake and started to lose more weight. I finished about a week and a half ago, did some other cardio work and today I started 'Ripped in 30'. The 30 Day Shred really helps tone your body. Just remember it's ONLY 30 days and it will help you tighten up your body and get it ready for the next phase of weight loss. Inches lost are very important because that is what makes you look and feel good and sexy. Keep up with your cardio and stay focused on your goals and you will continue your journey to a healthier version of YOU.

Have fun with it!