Not Losing

Options
I am following the guidelines, doing good. I lost 7lbs in two weeks and since then nothing. It has been 2 weeks since I have been the same weight/ ANY TIPS?

Replies

• audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    ya, u and me both ugh! My scales keep goin up and down the 6 Ive lost sooooo frustrating!!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    may be more what you're eating...or are you doing the same exercises over and over? sometimes all it takes it a switch in diet or exercise routine to jolt your body into losing again. it is made to adapt so if you don't switch things up it will adapt to your lifestyle, causing you to plateau.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    I think that's a function of our bodies trying to normalize to the weight they are used to being. Sadly, there is research on how difficult it is to force your body weight to deviate from the weight it has been for the most amount of time (think of a weighted moving average if you're a math / stats person). I'm in the same boat. it's frustrating for sure.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself in the mornings, before breakfast. Make sure you're eating enough to fuel your body. If you're exercising, you're going to need fuel. Don't starve yourself, then your body stores whatever you give it because it's not getting enough.

Your weight can fluctuate based on food/water etc - so keep that in mind.

Try some different types/forms of exercising - something you haven't done yet or in awhile. When I hit a wall at about 40lbs I changed it up and did new things, it's helped. I'm about to change again this week.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    We need more information. Basically a person can get stuck for a bunch of reasons. Do you carefully measure all your servings? Do you eat a lot of pre-packaged foods? Do you drink enough? What sort of exercise are you doing? What is your weight loss goal per week? Do you eat the calories you burn off from exercising? There are probably other things I would want to know to try to help as well. Also, don't just use the scale get a measuring tape and start measuring your chest, waist, hips, thighs. That will often show progress when the scale is not moving.
  • Susie_Bee
    Options
    Without further details and in a nutshell:

Eat plenty of lean protein and vegetables and go easy on the starches (bread, rice, corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas). Sugar is the BIG enemy here!!!

Also make sure you are getting enough sleep and drinking plenty of water. Exercise helps and watch what you drink... try to stick to water, unsweetened tea, herbal teas and limit coffee. Diet soda is also a no-no (it is acid and your body needs to be alkaline to lose weight).

Good luck!
  • adammann
    Options
    I am now very confused lol. I thought I was easting enough but under tools it says that by BMR is 1446. So, should I be eating 1400?
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. Consider, if you burn 1466 you should east less than that to lose weight. Stick with what mfp suggests, but keep an eye on your sugar and sodium, those make me hold weight longer. Also consider that the time of the month may have an effect... And make sure you aren't underestimating your intake OR overestimating your output.