HAIR!

Ladies, how do you wear your hair to exercise everyday? And I don't mean this in a fashion sense, I mean REALLY, how do you keep it out of your face and mouth? I sweat like a guilty suspect and hair winds up everywhere ponytail or clip, then stuck to my face, falls out and gets in my face while I'm trying to breath and not lose my focus. Tips?

Replies

• fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    bump
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Ah, I hateee my hair during workouts! I normally do a ponytail with my bangs clipped back, but sometimes it goes into a bun because my hair is long and whips me or makes me sweat more!

EDIT: Sometimes, the sport headbands help to keep back annoying hair! I have a lot of whispies and bangs that alwaysss fall!
  • sourcat
    sourcat Posts: 12
    Always in a bun! But I think a classic french braid would be nice as well. Just pin your bangs back if you have them!
  • mine is chin length so
    i sport the pig tails and don't pull the hair all the way through the holder so it's like a little knot
  • ponytail or bun, but I don't have bangs so they don't hang out anywhere.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Ponytail + either Ninja turtle hair clip for my bangs or a soft headband.
  • fitsaxon
    fitsaxon Posts: 57
    I pony tail-- I also have a thin stretchy athletic headband to keep the wispys out of the way-- i have a few, and one even has a rubber band woven in to keep it from sliding around!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    For light activity, I just pull it back and use a barrette to secure the loose hair that hangs around my face. When I'm sweating a lot, I use a bondi band. They do a great job of keeping the hair away and absorb a lot of sweat without feeling wet and heavy.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    bun! with LOTS of bobby pins
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    my hair is almost to my waist, I have to tie it up in a huge knot and wear a band to keep all the crazy curly wispies in some sort of check.
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Always wear headbands and a tight bun.. i don't care what I look like when i work out haha
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Ponytail, hair clips for the chunks of hair that are too short, and a soft, thin, cloth headband (I have several UnderArmor ones that I love). If your are not outside exercising then a good hairspray keeps the headband in place and the wispies off your face-but knats and flies LOVE the smell. You'll be running with a little swarm:)
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    I usually do a ponytail\bun with a cloth or sports headband...if I have time, I prefer to twist my bangs along the side of my head into a ponytail (kind of like a french braid). Because I sweat like a maniac...the cloth headbands work wonders...the only thing more annoying than hair in your eyes is sweat in your eyes.
  • Teeteetare
    Teeteetare Posts: 50 Member
    I wear a headband that is soft and has little grips on it and it keeps all the stray hairs out of my face then I pull it into a pony tail.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Under armor head bands and double up on the hair ties.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    I wear mine up in a messy bun or high pony tail. But I have a lot of shorter 'stray' hairs in the front that come loose when I'm exercising - and plaster to my forehead. I hate it when that happens. So I now also wear an elastic headband to keep those at bay. :)
  • misslaney
    misslaney Posts: 25 Member
    My fringe ALWAYS falls in my face, and to make it worse, it goes really curly and stick to my face or pokes me in the eye. Kirby grips are a godsend, but I have to admit that I've just bought a sweat/head band. it's retro chic, OK? OK??

Plus, I've just had lash extensions stuck on and I don't really want sweat getting in my eyes and dissolving the glue - I'm not going to impress anyone with hair stuck to my forehead and lashes on my cheeks, am I?
  • Definitely a ponytail and a soft wide headband. The headband keeps the whispies off my face and it also keeps the sweat out of my eyes. They are washable so they don't get all yucky.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    When I had longer hair, I would go for the basic ponytail, but then put a sweat-band over the tail to keep it from whipping around and keep sweat from dripping into my eyes. I still wear the sweat-band or a hat with a terry brim lining to catch sweat from dripping down, but hair is now very short (Growing it out again though, so we will see how it goes)...
  • im gorwing my hair out from having quite short one side so iv got bits that i cant fit in a pony tail but make sure i put some hair spray in my hair then tie it up and clip my bands up and it seems to do alright the secret for meis good hair spray