Eating out problems

Options
I will be going to Disney Quest next saturday for a big friend reunion. While we are there we will stay there all day and eat lunch there. It's been hard getting used to not being able to eat my favorite foods, so what should I do about it? Should I eat what I want, or take the healthy step and eat something that's healthy?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key! Allow yourself some treats, and balance it out with healthy foods. :) Have fun!
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    My trainer has told me that sometimes it's good to take a "vacation" from your weight loss. I just was on vacation for 10 days, I only gained 2 1/2 lbs and in 2 days I had re-lost a pound and a half. As long as you don't go too crazy, it should be alright.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Aim to eat as healthy as possible. Don't eat anything you will binge on or you think may trigger a binge. If there is one treat you like, but can eat a sensible portion of and stop get that.

The whole "just this once" or "everything in moderation" is what often gets us into trouble. Be honest with yourself and stay focused on your goals. Your vacation is to have fun with friends and family, not as an excuse to eat yourself silly.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If its only one day I wouldnt worry too much. Dont over indulge but cut yourself some slack. Like others said make some smart choices but let yourself have something as a treat. You will probably be walking around alot getting some exercise to help balance it also. I went away 2 weeks ago for 4 days and went over my calories every day by a little bit and still didnt gain any weight because I was walking around alot probably. So in other words dont stress too much about it.
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Your "goal" should be life-long health. This isn't supposed to be a diet, it's supposed to be a lifestyle change. Which means that you get to "cheat" every now and then and not feel bad about it. In fact, sometimes it helps by keeping your metabolism guessing. Just don't make the "cheat" your way of life... Enjoy!! :o)
  • optimusmom
    optimusmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would mix things up a bit and add a little unhealthy to your healthy. I try and have one 'cheat meal' a week so I don't feel like I'm depriving myself.
    Plus, a lot of restaurants have websites that include nutrition info (at least they do here in Canada) I always like to check them out and pre-plan my order.